Top Gear's "idea of such brilliance".

PaulMay

http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2/

"Yes, it's true, Top Gear will shortly be back on your telly. Huzzah.

But when the team reassembled to plan this, the eighth series, there was a problem. With an expectant world waiting, how could they keep the show fresh after seven storming series? New titles? A slicker studio? Take the presenters shopping and buy them all new smart-casual jackets?

Well, yes. But there had to be something else. And there was. An idea of such brilliance all other programmes will be copying it by the time the year's out. At a stroke, the show has been refreshed, reinvented, reinvigorated, all by just one simple action.

To find out what it is, tune in to BBC2 at 8pm on Sunday, May 7.

But if you're still suffering withdrawal symptoms already, you can reminisce with our preview of the last series."

A single idea? hmm. The fact that other programmes will be copying it by the time the year's out implies that it isn't motoring specific, such as moving to a new track.
Speculate please!

AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! It's Doing My Head IN!!!!!!!! :wall:

I really don't think this will be something sooo spectacular...

^ I don't see the need for a revamp - I haven't grown tired of any of it, but I've got faith in the production team, so I'm sure any changes will be good.

I think what the production team has in mind is probably some tweaking to keep the show fresh, rather than a complete revamp. What that "idea of such brilliance" can be I can't imagine. A fourth presenter, maybe?

fbc said:
^ I don't see the need for a revamp - I haven't grown tired of any of it.
Me too.
For me the whole show is so brilliant that it will look good without any change even in 16'th season.

Z102 said:
A fourth presenter, maybe?

Not sure about that - half the genius of Top Gear is that the three of them look so natural bickering with each other, the on-screen interplay is fantastic. A fourth presenter might disturb that - and besides, the three of them pretty much have everything covered already.

I'm just going to go with the track move as the "brilliant idea", mainly because I can't think of a better idea.

I went to see the pilot yesterday. It's the same Top Gear, in a new, bigger studio, with a few fresh ideas, but mostly tweaks.
There is a new, blonde cast member. Richard Hammond seemed strangely pre-occupied with her!!
The track is the same, but there is a new car.
The challenge I saw was just about one of the funniest things I have ever seen on television. Watch out for the Renault Espace & some monkeys. It's hilarious!
I would love to tell all, but really don't want to ruin it for crew or audience. Everyone seems to have worked extra hard this series, and I don't want to steal their thunder.
I am not a great lover of change, and I'm not sure what I think of the changes & additions yet. I think I'll reserve judgement until I see the final cut. I definately wasn't keen on the new studio, and think they should've made it two tier, with half the audience viewing from balcony platforms, but I think that may just affect people actually in the studio, rather than watching on the telly. The one thing they haven't changed is the music, and they had some woman warbling over engine noise. I hope they sort this out before broadcasting any of the programmes!

Just a BIG fan, a wee bit of a fangirl and an accomplished stalker :evil: !!

No, nothing spoilt. I think she's one of their better additions myself.

Amanaman said:
Jezzabelle said:
There is a new, blonde cast member. Richard Hammond seemed strangely pre-occupied with her!!

If this is true, is it a new host or just an extra? I hope they haven't spoiled the current trio :(

Will she be presenting all the time or does she only come on sometimes ?

Now you've said that Jezzabelle loads of questions are going to be asked :lol:

well clarkson has stopped smoking apparently - so that might be it :p

Jeremy stopped smoking 7 days ago. Apparently he's getting through 5 packets of Nicotine gum a day!! He's worried he'll be looking like a hamster soon, with all that cheek building chewing action!
As for the new female, I'll let you keep guessing!