TopGear.com Makes Video Clips UK Only

Code:
javascript:eval($('#mainContent%20.feature%20script').html().replace('playerID','ttt').replace('adServerURL','ggg'));

This should do the trick.
God I love jQuery. :)

Perhaps I should write a Greasemonkey script that'll do this automatically without the need for a bookmarklet...

^ Please do!

Works brilliantly Viper. Thanks.

The script doesn't work anymore? I wanted to see the 'behind the scenes' movie, but the script has not any effect.

You have the new script right, the greasemonkey one Viper has linked to two posts up? It's still working fine for me. I hope they'll let us keep our sneaky access until the end of this series before they change up the website again.

Working perfectly. Restart FF after installing it, did it for me...

Fantastic!!
Thanks! It works fine!

awesome Viper.

Anyone know if there is anything like this that could work for iPlayer, or the F1 videos on the BBC sport page?

The new Greasemonkey script is fab. :)

If it stops working, try restarting your browser. It should do the trick.

The new Greasemonkey script is fab. :)

If it stops working, try restarting your browser. It should do the trick.
Restarted Firefox, restarted Greasemonkey, restarted the PC.. nothing.

well, except for: "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

..even though I have JavaScript running of course.

Last edited:
That stinks. Did you try uninstalling the plug-in completely? Mine is fine.

First, thanks for the workaround to see the videos online.

Second, the following was posted in the comments to this posting: http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2009/06/21/how-was-it-for-you-3/

44. Paul Regan said...

Sorry to all those that want the clips available outside the UK. At the moment, we?re not allowed to put them up for a worldwide audience, but we should be able to do so in time. I?ll keep you posted?

(TopGear.com editor)

So there's hope yet.