TopGear Live World Tour 2008/2009

Mmmmmm Hong Kong! Sweet. we can show them our unique super car culture where everyone wakes up at 5am on sundaym drives to a crappy place in the middle of no where and eat some crappy expensive noodles for breakfast :D

as long as we don't "teach" them how to host our events at some random small carpark then it'd be ok~:lol:

I CAN HAS MORE EURO DATES PLS?

I'll drive to Holland, France, Germany, wherever thats within reasonable distance (ie anywhere on mainland Europe) to get to see this.

London, Birmingham and Dublin are only an hour or so away by plane. Some of the people in Australia and NewZealand will have to travel a lot further than that.

London, Birmingham and Dublin are only an hour or so away by plane. Some of the people in Australia and NewZealand will have to travel a lot further than that.

yeah, but planes are teh expensive and I are teh poor

plus my car's handling is rubbish when underwater

Just read this in the BBC internal magazine, Arial

The show will feature up to 16 different scenes or sequences.

Donut London presents a vision of London ruled by Top Gear with traditional London icons such as the black cab, route-master bus and red telephone box travel as never seen before

The Top Gear Lap will allow every visitor to the show the chance to to set a time around the Top Gear test track, live in the arena with commentary from Clarkson. And the challenge will go around the world, putting country against country.

The Cool Wall gives the audience its say on what's cool and what's not. Posche 911 or Aston Martin DB9? - the voice of the people will be heard.

The Stig vs Swampy pits Top Gear's finest - and most mysterious - in driving combat against a terrifying creature in a spectacular finale.

Sorry if that's already known.

I swear this would be an awesome birthday present for me if my parents are willing to cough up the money for it. All I need is for someone to go with.

Last edited:
haven't they said that they'll visit 15 countries?

it's going to be an awesome show, really!

haven't they said that they'll visit 15 countries?

Yes. As I said in my original post, the tour is to visit 15 countries over 15 months. They have probably chosen to only announce the dates for the countries that are coming up in late 2008 and early 2009.

I CAN HAS MORE EURO DATES PLS?

I'll drive to Holland, France, Germany, wherever thats within reasonable distance (ie anywhere on mainland Europe) to get to see this.

I'll second that. I can easily get to Brussels...from there anywhere in europe is train distance!

If they come to New York, Boston, Miami, or any other city on the east coast, I will definetly be there.

I really hope they announce a Los Angeles date -- if they do come to the states, I figure LA & NY would be the best bets... or maybe Vegas?

Either way if they don't announce soon I may feel compelled to just book it over to London if there's still time...

yeah, but planes are teh expensive and I are teh poor

plus my car's handling is rubbish when underwater

There is a (direct?) train from Brussels to London. That shouldn't be too expensive. You probably could get back the same evening and save on the cost of a hotel.

I was just in Hong Kong a few days ago! Time to arrange another flight back. More shopping + Top Gear Live = Heaven on earth.

Or they could just come down to Singapore. Come on TG trio!

Not only has Jezza opened the TG Live tour... but he did it by beating the Congestion Charge!

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/3189/

Clarkson beats C-Charge

Looking to avoid paying the Congestion Charge but can't stomach the prospect of buying a Prius or - heaven forbid - a G-Wiz?

Clarkson's got the answer. That tank he stormed London with yesterday? Congestion Charge exempt.

Yep, honest. See, it runs on waste fuel recovered from vehicles that have incorrectly had their tanks filled with diesel or petrol. The tank will happily eat this waste fuel that would otherwise have to be re-refined, so qualifying for C-Charge exemption.

In fact, it'll run on just about anything flammable - cooking oil, ethanol, Special Brew - which makes it a lean, green, waste disposal machine. With ruddy great tracks.

So there you go. Get yerself a tank and hoon around Central London for free. And if any of those eco-dogooders complain, well, they won't, will they? You've got a tank.