Touchpad fire sale

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
16gb $99
32gb $149

It's a bastard to try and get one, Amazon price drop hasn't happened yet.

I'm stuck in an infinate loop of errors trying to get one, and it also doesn't help that non of my American 'buddies' are online. <_<

I ordered 2 16GB off Ebay for $125 each.
But thats shipped to florida, then I have to get it shipped to UK and then import tax.

I'm hoping ?100 all-in.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that they'll have inventory by next Friday. Most retailers here are sold out online with spotty inventory in store.

There are some places selling them still like newegg and PC mall but they haven't changed the prices yet.

Best buy in typical douchey fashion said "lol no discounts, we'll just return them all to HP" jerks. And ironic because future shop in Canada did the discount yesterday. Two of my friends got it yesterday. Great devices they say.

Edit: its on folks. Caving under pressure, best buy USA will join in on the discounting train: https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/precentral/status/105103343944351744

Last edited:
If there was a way to install windows onto it I would possibly consider trying to get one. However, as far as I can tell, there are a lot of good reasons why this product is being unloaded at a discount.

One of my friends is all over this too, but I don't get it. Even at a steep discount, the only people using it will be you, Hitler, and his mom. No one is going to be developing ads for something so abandoned.

Why? Isn't WebOS meant to be very good? In any case, why on earth would you want to run a full windows installation on a slow arm cpu?

Indeed, windows on arm would be horrible on this plus you'd still have the same problem with apps not being coded for arm.

The os itself is brilliant, the lackluster industrial design of the hardware and poor advertising is the problem with palm/HP devices.

One of my friends is all over this too, but I don't get it. Even at a steep discount, the only people using it will be you, Hitler, and his mom. No one is going to be developing ads for something so abandoned.

That's a good thing, no one wants ads on their device, we just accept them. :p ;)

Theres a pretty dedicated community that develops homebrew apps plus there are 8000 plus apps in the app market.

What in the world are you guys talking about? What brand is this touchpad?

If they get Honeycomb working, its a bargain.
If not, it's a FLASH :p web browsing/light gaming tablet/Kindle for not much more than the 7inch Chinese knockoff.

Why? Isn't WebOS meant to be very good? In any case, why on earth would you want to run a full windows installation on a slow arm cpu?

Because the only purpose I would have for any of these tablet devices is to mount it into my car along with an external USB drive so I can have the same foobar config and music collection that I have on my desktop. Also, I would prefer to set up the synchronization of my files through windows where I can actually do things as an admin rather than be stuck in these useless tablet operating systems.

I've convinced myself to wait until there is a decent tablet that can do what I want rather than rigging up a complete carputer setup to serve this purpose because VGA touchscreen LCD's are still $300 by themselves and a mini-itx rig would be another $300-500. I'm guessing that there will be a tablet device that doesn't perform too meagerly and be priced around $200-300 by the time windows 8 is released. I'll also probably be able to more easily justify blowing more money on computer stuff by then as well.

There is already an android port on the way for it, I snagged a 16gb Microcenter

Yep, keep in mind that that's from a third party vendor, Amazon themselves are still out of stock.

Here's the 16 GB if anyone is interested, ditto third-party vendor: http://www.amazon.com/Smartbuy-TouchPad-QUALCOMM-Snapdragon-Wireless/dp/B0056UOUC8/ref=sr_1_41?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1313966119&sr=1-41

S
uch a steal....come on, may this week go blindingly fast....

Has anyone had success signing up for hp's notification service? The form keep's stalling out on me..

Oh what the hell, I just bought one. And it only cost me $20, it will probably be worth its money.

^Ok sorry thought it was Amazon, but still its the fire price.

I saw a 10 inch Chinese knockoff on Ebay for more than this will cost. The knockoff has 4gb ram and 4 hour battery life. Ok, it has android. :D