- Jun 16, 2007
According to my car rental company, I'm up to four tickets from my trip to Italy back in June:
- access to a restricted area with no authorization
- circulating on a public transport reserved lane
- speed limit exceeded
- I was never stopped by the police. I know there are speed cameras but how did the other alleged violations occur? I genuinely have no idea what the first two are referring to. Does Europe just have cameras absolutely everywhere watching for all kinds of vehicle infractions?
- What sort of reputation does LocAuto have in Europe?
- Is there a legal obligation in Italy for the rental company to provide any evidence or documentation with regards to these alleged violations?
- Do EU countries share ticket information? That is, can I get in trouble in another country for not paying tickets in Italy? This is just for my curiosity - I'm happy to pay the fines when the Italian authorities actually contact me.