Transformers cars on Top Gear

PeteRoy

I wish they would have featured Transformers cars on Top Gear like they showed Batmobile and James Bond cars in past episodes.

I know they wouldn't have featured them because their all GM.

I just hope they will review the new 08 Camaro, I think it's a very good looking car worth seeing on Top Gear.

Them being GM has nothing to do with it, Top Gear does not just review British cars you know! It probably had something to do with the crew not thinking about, not bothering or the production company wouldent let them have them.

At the end of season 11, Top Gear may get their hands on a production 5th gen "Bumble Bee."

That budget Bond car was so awesome. I want one! Is it legal to have paintball guns mounted to your car I wonder?

So whats special about the STANDARD state cars in Transformers then? The last time I checked Top Gear was a British show, shouldn't it have some kind of British stance?

I doubt they really liked the Transformers movie.

I wish they would have featured Transformers cars on Top Gear like they showed Batmobile and James Bond cars in past episodes.

I know they wouldn't have featured them because their all GM.

It's more because (a) both examples you gave were handled by the British film industry (BB was shot in Chicago and London), and naturally TG are willing propoganda participants; and (b) they are shameless, dirty dirty whores for Aston and to a lesser degree Jag.

This is why it sucks having no American relative of Top Gear. The coolness of transforming cars (hello inner 9 year old boy) combined with the fetish for cool military gear that Michael Bay and Jeremy Clarkson (and I) share would have been hotness. I would have been just as worked up over the F-22 Raptor as any of the cars. Really the Camaro (which is STILL not on the market, only prototypes) and Solstace were the only points of interest. Do you really need to see a Peterbilt with a flame job or a Hummer ambulance?

Finallly I have to say GM is STUPID for not having the new Camaro ready when this movie hit. It was a 2 hour advertisement that made the entire population hot for the Camaro, they would have sold like crazy. Way to strike while the iron is cold and lumpy, GM.

I doubt they really liked the Transformers movie.

I really do wonder... The "plot" such as it is, is typical Bay crap. Every character is a walking stereotype. No different from Bay's other fare (Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, Bad Boys, et al). Throw logic out the door (e.g. in the final battle, they take the Maguffin cube from the isolated, secure miltiary base to the heavily populated city where tens of thousands of civilians are put at risk, did anybody think that's a bad idea?).

But, come on, alien robots that turn into vehicles is frigging cool! I imagine Clarkson waving his arms, think about how ga-ga he goes for the Bond gimmicks and always talking about machine guns and rocket launchers and jet engines popping out. How cool is it for your inner 9 year old if your car turns into a 30 foot robot?

But, come on, alien robots that turn into vehicles is frigging cool! I imagine Clarkson waving his arms, think about how ga-ga he goes for the Bond gimmicks and always talking about machine guns and rocket launchers and jet engines popping out. How cool is it for your inner 9 year old if your car turns into a 30 foot robot?

When I was a kid, I liked Robotech/Macross more... I prefer mecha to transformers,
there's something very lame about robots who are *friends* with humans,
I like robots who are just vehicles, without a personality :)

I expect the main reason was they didn't grow up with it, us 80's kids had transformers, they had joe90 and thunderbirds (which I still love)