Triple Crown/Horse Racing 20XX? Thread

Gastronaut

Car(s)
Silver Japanese Transportation Appliance
I doubt we need to have a new thread each year (as I doubt that anyone really watches horse racing), but I figured I'd make one anyway. :)

I'm not a huge follower of horse racing, but being that I was born in raised in the home of one of the Triple Crown races, I tend to pay attention a little bit. :lol:

So. Who watched the Kentucky Derby today? Calvin Borel is apparently God-On-A-Horse at Churchill Downs.

2010 Derby Results:
1st: Super Saver

2nd: Ice Box
3rd: Paddy O'Prado

4th: Make Music For Me
5th: Noble's Promise
6th: Lookin at Lucky
7th: Dublin
8th: Stately Victor
9th: Mission Impazible
10th: Devil May Care
11th: American Lion
12th: Jackson Bend
13th: Discreetly Mine
14th: Dean's Kitten
15th: Conveyance
16th: Homeboykris
17th: Sidney's Candy
18th: Line of David
19th: Awesome Act
20th: Backtalk

I really hope that Borel sticks with Super Saver for the Preakness, I'd love for the Belmont Stakes to have some meaning this year :thumbsup:.

30stt7p.jpg

I am into them since I live in Louisville. I have been going to the track for almost 30 years. Don't bet much, but watching those animals run are a blast. They are pure athletes. Conditions were awful yesterday at the track , but everyone still had a fun. Biggest party ever. Not into the Derby that much since it is mostly for tourists. The best times to go are normal times and be there when the sun comes up. Watching the horses warm up with the dew on the ground and mist in the air is a beautiful site.