Trouble for TopGear 2016 (source: The Sun, so take with salt)

I've never heard that Jamie & Adam hated each other, just that they weren't 'buddies'. Professional or not, I would think outright hatred would come through at least a little bit, if you work together that much.

I've never heard that Jamie & Adam hated each other, just that they weren't 'buddies'. Professional or not, I would think outright hatred would come through at least a little bit, if you work together that much.

The thing is, "outright hatred" would have caused the show to be cancelled much earlier, because they would have refused to work with each other.

Unlike TGUK, the selling point is the testing and the science, not the personalities involved. Which is why Adam & Jamie could work one half while the Build Team could do a separate segment; the "myths" did not need specific personalities in order to be sold as viable stories.

True, but the personalities were a definite plus. I actually preferred the Build Team segments to the Adam and Jamie segments, and when Kari was out with her baby, I didn't find those segments as entertaining. Personalities do make a huge difference.

Several UK tabloids (no, I'm not providing links/clickbait) are claiming that:

3. In spite of the PR at the time Le Blanc was foisted on the team by BBC bosses desperate to appeal to US viewers and that Evans had nothing to do with his appointment.

So I guess that means the US is the main market outside of the U.K. for "Top Gear"?

So I guess that means the US is the main market outside of the U.K. for "Top Gear"?

The US was reportedly the major source for the firehose of money that came pouring in as a result of Top Gear, according to several reports over the past decade. Apparently the amount we Americans spent on TG merch, box sets, etc., quite dwarfed the amount of money they got elsewhere. So this report would make sense - but it would also show (once again) how utterly clueless and desperate BBC management is.

The US was reportedly the major source for the firehose of money that came pouring in as a result of Top Gear, according to several reports over the past decade. Apparently the amount we Americans spent on TG merch, box sets, etc., quite dwarfed the amount of money they got elsewhere. So this report would make sense - but it would also show (once again) how utterly clueless and desperate BBC management is.

I like to think that Top Gear's US popularity is solely due to this site/forum. So really, they owe us. And by us I mean Viper.

Just send money. :D

Joey and Johnny Ramone also didn't like each other or speak for many years, but kept it professional on-stage.

Just another Waily Fail muckraker writing a story that isn't there.

Matt Le Blanc looks heroic as he drives the all-terain vehicle through the mud

Yeah, heroic was just what I was thinking when I watched it. I distinctly remember thinking "Oh, my hero!". :lol:

The Scum and its wingnut affiliate HeatSt are are really trying to stir it up. Not good if this all kicks off.....

Last edited:
At least one of the BBC America Top Gear adverts have shown Chris and Sabine in addition to Matt.