Tulips

Renesis

Lazier than Viper
Car(s)
2007 BMW Z4 3.0 SI
An experiment with flowers closeups (no macro lenses.. :( )

Tulipe3%20edit.JPG

Tulipe2%20edit.JPG

Tulipe%20edit.JPG

No need for macro lenses. :p

Try playing around with the white balance settings on your camera (it's a Canon so I'm assuming you have it).

The first picture looks good, but the two others could have used a custom white balance setting. It would bring out the colours and texture in a much more extreme way.

Also, another note: the budget photographers best friend is a 3" magnifying glass. As long as you can either get your camera to autofocus on the subject or use manual focus (which can be painfully difficult on small cameras without focus rings) you can pull off some extremely detailed macro shots.

They won't be on par with something done with a Digital SLR and a full macro lens, but you can get closer to the quality then you'd think. 8)

zenon said:
Try playing around with the white balance settings on your camera (it's a Canon so I'm assuming you have it).

The first picture looks good, but the two others could have used a custom white balance setting. It would bring out the colours and texture in a much more extreme way.

It was on custom white balance :wink:

(I had to use tungsten lightning to be able to take pics without the flash)

zenon said:
Also, another note: the budget photographers best friend is a 3" magnifying glass. As long as you can either get your camera to autofocus on the subject or use manual focus (which can be painfully difficult on small cameras without focus rings) you can pull off some extremely detailed macro shots.

They won't be on par with something done with a Digital SLR and a full macro lens, but you can get closer to the quality then you'd think. 8)

I quite don,t get what you mean by that magnifying glass.. :?

You stick it in front of the lense. ;)

No, but it's for those who don't have a macro lense but have a macro mode. ;)

How much does it costs? I don't do many macro shots anyway... and I got pwned by the cost of shipping for my lens adapter and step up rings (hopefully I didn't have to buy filters my dad had some old ones from canon :) ) but still... and the credit card exchange rate will rape me to death as well as the customs fees :evil:

How much does a magnifying glass ost? :lol: Like, $10 or something.

yay so it's gonna cost me like 25 bucks with our crappy canadian money :x

I'll look into it... I'll have to go to a real photo shop when I'll have some cash...

You do know what a magnifying glass is, right? It's just one of these...

magnifying-glass.gif

You probably have one laying around your house. If not, I can pretty much bet that your grandparents do with their shitty eyes. ;)

Hmm I don't have any red x's in my house :wink:

edit: wait a min... I think you're talking about a loupe? let me google it...

:lol: Fixed.

It's just a lense for you to look through and enlarge stuff. Did you not burn ants or paper as a kid with one using the sun?

ah right! it's a loupe! well ofcourse I have that somewhere...

now I'll look dumb for my previous questions :lol: oh well... I can't know every word eh?

well I'll try that for fun... sadly I think we only have a cheap one made of plastic... :?

A... loupe? :shock: OH! That's right, your first language is probably French. Forgot. :lol: