Turbo Mustang - You must see this thing!

OneStiffGT

Shot some pictures of my friends Mustang. It is been a long time coming to see this beast all together, shaking the windows off the buildings, scaring elderly people and children!

Mustang_Turbo_Precision.jpg

Mustang_Turbo_Wing.jpg

Mustang_Turbo.jpg

Turbo_Mustang.jpg

Turbo_Mustang_Engine_Bay_2.jpg

The car was at the local car show (Campbell Ford Show) two weeks a go. Ended up winning best of show.

Don't be fooled, this is no trailer queen, just this past weekend the car ran a 9.04 @ 165 mph at Napierville Dragway and this was with only 2.0 60 foots, there was a problem with the car which has now been addressed. This thing will most likely do a 7 second 1/4 mile pass this year!

To see the rest of the pictures click here

Love the engine, the rear spoiler is a bit of a case of Aerodynamics By Enthusiasts?

Nice fox, it almost looks street legal too, almost.

Love the engine, the rear spoiler is a bit of a case of Aerodynamics By Enthusiasts?

im sure im missing a joke or something but ill explain it anyways. its a common drag racing rear spoiler. thats all it is.

ill give you that its a prety car but the turbo mustang is very common on the race track.

So much WIN.

the spoiler isn't there to provide downforce, but to keep the car stable at higher speeds

I always liked the notch back better for the track. They make nice drag cars. You did a great job.

N'thing the spoiler, its a drag racing spoiler designed to reduce drag (channeling air away from the pressure zone that the flat rear of the car creates) rather than adding weight to the car to improve traction. Lots of street cars have it because it looks cool and increases fuel mileage slightly.

Its actually literally the difference between a "Spoiler" and a "Wing". Drag racers use spoilers, Road racers use wings.

edit: Top fuel uses wings

Last edited:
What? The car is a marvel of drag racing engineering.
... and not of design. I agree, it is ugly. But of course it?s not build for beauty contests, so that hardly matters ... it?s build for performance. It looks very purposeful and full of win ... but not pretty.

You wouldn?t call this good looking, would you? But you?d still gaze in respect when you?d see one because you?d now what it can do and what it?s about ...
full_681904147.jpg

Last edited:
... and not of design. I agree, it is ugly. But of course it?s not build for beauty contests, so that hardly matters ... it?s build for performance. It looks very purposeful and full of win ... but not pretty.

You wouldn?t call this good looking, would you? But you?d still gaze in respect when you?d see one because you?d now what it can do and what it?s about ...
full_681904147.jpg

It's not ugly at all. Beyond the aerodynamic drag race add-ons it's just a good looking car, despite the terrible HDR photos.

I wouldn't call the helicopter pretty. It's olive drab. Nothing in olive drab can be pretty...

what kind of turbo is that?