Turkish dictatorship!

Erdogan reported as saying they knew about a "military activity" at least 7-10 hours before the coup and some of his party officials say they drew up target lists before all this.

WikiLeaks in 3.....2.....

He is being modest, the reality is that he jumped out of his own plane then wrestled the two F-16s to the ground bare handed.

What happens when an unstoppable forceErdogen meets an unmovable object Kim Jong Un?

WikiLeaks in 3.....2.....
...1! Here they are:

Search the AKP email database

Today, 11pm Anakara Time, WikiLeaks releases part one of the AKP Emails. AKP, or the Justice & Development Party, is the ruling party of Turkey and is the political force behind the country's president, Recep Tayyip Erdo?an. Part one of the series covers 762 mail boxes beginning with 'A' through to 'I' containing 294,548 email bodies together with many thousands of attached files. The emails come from "akparti.org.tr", the AKP's primary domain. The most recent was sent on July 6, 2016. The oldest dates back to 2010. It should be noted that emails associated with the domain are mostly used for dealing with the world, as opposed to the most sensitive internal matters.

The material was obtained a week before the attempted coup. However, WikiLeaks has moved forward its publication schedule in response to the government's post-coup purges. We have verified the material and the source, who is not connected, in any way, to the elements behind the attempted coup, or to a rival political party or state.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...irst-post-coup-security-meeting-ankara-turkey
Turkey coup attempt: Erdo?an declares three-month state of emergency
[...]
?State of emergency is not against democracy, the rule of law and freedom,? Erdo?an said, adding that the country would not compromise on democracy.

The announcement will raise further concerns about restrictions on freedoms and rights in Turkey, which was shaken by a coup attempt on Friday that saw tanks enter the streets of Ankara and Istanbul and very nearly ousted the Turkish government.

It also comes as concerns grow over the scale of the ensuing crackdown that has targeted thousands of judges, civil servants, teachers, police officers and soldiers, and amid widespread fears of growing authoritarianism on the part of Erdo?an.
[...]
Some 60,000 bureaucrats, soldiers, policemen, prosecutors and academic staff have come under the government?s spotlight, many of them facing detention or suspension over alleged links to the G?lenist movement and the coup plotters.

Earlier on Wednesday, the government had imposed a work travel ban on academics, which, a senior Turkish official said, was a temporary measure as accomplices of the coup plotters in universities were a potential flight risk.

All 1,577 deans of public and private universities in Turkey submitted their resignations at the government?s urging. This came after 20,000 teachers and administrators were suspended from their jobs as a result of the coup, along with 6,000 soldiers and more than 2,700 judges and prosecutors, and dozens of senior generals accused of involvement in the coup.
[...]

Or as a turkish Friend of myself just put it: "Turkey is no more. What ever will emerge from this when the smoke has cleared, it will have little in common with the country we used to know as Turkey".

Honestly, do they even try to justify stuff like not allowing academics to leave the country/demanding that academics that are currently abroad should return to Turkey? Or have we finally reached the "because I said so"-phase of this whole mess?

I am now convinced this was a self inflicted coup. The fact that people died in it makes it even worse. We are having huge issues with egomaniacs in power lately, and another red haired one might join soon.

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausla...d-defizit-bei-meinungsfreiheit-a-1105462.html

Translation: Freedom of speech lacking in Germany, according to Erdogan.

If it was a joke it would be kind of funny. But sadly, it isn't.

And mind you, this is the very same man that tried to prosecute a German comedian (in Germany) that said some bad things about him (still in Germany). The same man that shut down governemt critical newspapers throughout the country. The man that controls social media and can order blackouts at any given moment. He of all people accuses another country that it doesn't have enough freedom of speech. Oh the irony.

Background: Apparently there are Pro-Erdogan protests planned in Germany. Some officials were thinking about maybe not allowing these protests IF (and only if) Turkish politicians were to take part in them. But I can't quite get my head around these protests anyway: If you like your leader so damn much that you are willing to protest for him IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, how come you aren't actually living in Turkey in the first place? I sure as hell don't go running around Switzerland telling everybody how great Merkel is (I don't actually think that, it's just an example).

Last edited:
Some officials were thinking about maybe not allowing these protests
Not so minor detail which proves yet again that Erdogan is dead wrong: In Germany, protests are allowed by default, all you have to do if you plan them in advance is give notice so the police, EMS etc. can prepare. What can happen is a ban due to e.g. expectations of violence and the pro-Erdogan BS seems to be teetering on the brink of that.

If you like your leader so damn much that you are willing to protest for him IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, how come you aren't actually living in Turkey in the first place?
The magic of propaganda. :-(

Turkey is a lost cause. At least with Erdogan. The "civilized parts of the world" let him do his thing because he keeps those nasty refugees away from us. We truly live in the movie Elysium, with us as the baddies.

Turkey is a lost cause. At least with Erdogan. The "civilized parts of the world" let him do his thing because he keeps those nasty refugees away from us. We truly live in the movie Elysium, with us as the baddies.

He is also helping us in Syria by fighting the secular resistance to Assad (YPG led SDF). What a guy.