TV speakers...

93Flareside

Sosig
DONOR
Car(s)
See Signature
Who makes a TV where their speakers are aimed at the viewer? My folks have an older Sony LCD TV that has its speakers along a strip under the display and they're aimed straight toward the viewer.

Looking at TV's now, I can't find one that still does this with their speakers.

Help?

they all want to give you the tiniest possible bezels and then expect you to plonk down another 300 bucks on a soundbar to put underneath and ruin the slim bezels :D

still, i've recently seen some 85inch monster or something with "proper" speakers at the sides, but i guess that's not what you had in mind...

edit: looking through amazon, the only TV i was able to spot at first sight was a ridiculously expensive loewe model. doesn't look promising...

Last edited:
I have a 57" rear projection TV that desperately needs replacing but I don't want to because of its MASSIVE built in speakers, impossible to replicate for a reasonable price nowadays....

The TV I got my mom has decent speakers even though they don't face you. They sort of point down, but the sound is very nice. LG 50LB6300

I have an LG TV with comparably very good down-facing speakers as well... believe me, whatever they're doing, it's not something i'd consider "nice" :D

I never said they were perfect.