UCL 2009/2010

On such small mistakes, do football matches turn.

Carrick (?) slips up and Ollic scores a well taken but soft goal then the whole game turns at half time.

Rafael shows his youth and gets a really stupid second yellow card.

Small mistakes, big consequences.

Robben?s goal was peachy though. :cool: (Anyone supposed to be marking him?)

Disastrous play by Barca.

The real score should only be 2-1 as the third goal was such a clear offside that everyone saw it but the old and slow linesman who did not keep the pace of the italians. Milito knew he was offside, you can tell from his look out towards the linesman. But even 2-1 is not acceptable when you start off with 0-1.

Messi, completely invisible. Ibrahimovic, simply bad. Nobody except Maxwell and Piquet tried anything. Xavi had noone to play with. Alves was all over the place but not where he was supposed to be (1-1 is his fault entirely). If my name last name was Guardiola I would fire every single player, resign and move to Austria.

Last edited:
Thing is, you have Bojan and Henry sitting on the bench, and even if you don't trust them, what do you lose by giving them 15 minutes instead of having Piqu? as the biggest threat to Inter's defense?

And why do you substitute a forward for a defender when you're under 3-1? I think Pep lost faith and gave up, and he feared Inter could create an advantage that would be impossible to win back.

This isnt fun and games, this is football. It's not Peps fault the players completely dropped the ball but you could see the dissapointment on his face, a disappointment big enough for anyone to give up and move to Austria to bake strudels for the rest of ones life.

You simply can't win the CL by playing like that. Barca needs to steamroll Inter on Camp Nou, which is not going to be easy. We'll see if Maicon plays though, as I expected the little white things flying in the air when he went down were not large droplets of sweat but his teeth, but apart from those he appears to be fine.

At least we have another match to look forward to tonight.

Last edited:
It's set up to be a helluva display at Camp Nou, if nothing else. I think the Bayern game will be more subdued. I have a feeling that Lyon will expose Demichellis some, today.

Ribery's red is a given and typical of Ribery, but the shit for brains award must go to Toulalan who got cautioned and then went and got himself another one one minute later! How stupid can you be? After that Bayern, predictably had full control. I don't think Lyon has got what it takes at this level.

Last edited:
Lol @ the french pirate.

He needs to learn to control his pace, that man.

Robben to the rescue, again... he was pissed when he was taken off. I lol'd

Ollic scores a hat-trick and puts Bayern in to the final, congrats to all Bavarians tuning in to the thread. :lol:

Cris got a yellow card for a hard tackle, altough he hit the ball first. Instead of accepting the caution and continuing to play, he made a gesture towards the referee and he was sent off. Fourth consequtive red card for Lyon.

Barca has to play more balls in behind Inters defenders, have to run more. At the moment they're standing still facing the ball, no way of scoring that way. Has to play ball. Forwards have to create more. Poor effort so far. Out with Ibrahimovic, in with Bojan, change to 4-4-2.

Oh yeah out with Keita as well. Make Messi more visible.

Last edited:
20 minutes left, Inter wins.