Bayern Munich V Valencia
Braga V CFR Cluj-Napoca
Celtic V Benfica

Chelsea V Juventus
Lille V BATE Borisov
Man Utd V Galatasaray
Shakhtar Donetsk V FC Nordsjaelland

And so it begins! :thumbsup:

Real vs. Man City on the first day is a cracker to start with. Current UCL champions Chelsea have Juve at home and Man U have a nice quiet trip to friendly Galatasaray. :lol:

:smile:

Real vs. City is going to be money.

That's the one I'm watching! Very nice game to start out with! I have no clear favourite in that game, it can go both ways really.

Also, it's pretty cool to have Danish teams in the group stages.. :D (FC Copenhagen last year, FC Nordsjaelland this year).

Tuesday 18th September 2012
Group C

AC Milan 0-0 Anderlecht
Borussia Dortmund 1-0 Ajax
Din Zagreb 0-2 FC Porto
Malaga 3-0 Zenit St P'sbg

Montpellier 1-2 Arsenal
Olympiakos 1-2 Schalke 04
Paris SG 4-1 Dynamo Kiev
Real Madrid 3-2 Man City

Real seemed to be easily in control of City for the first hour, then Dzeko scored a great goal for City on the break. Real equalised, then City scored to lead again, with either a deflection or some piss-poor goalkeeping. (Depending how you see it.) Real equalised again. This was followed by Joe Hart, strangely for him, missed a shot from Ronaldo. Crazy game, fair result.

Didn't see the Arsenal, but an away win is a good result, even if the game wasn't a classic.

Slow start from AC Milan and Zenit did not do so well, after all the big signings.

Good to see the UCL back, some quality there on show!

Great game at Bernabeau :) Fair result all in all, City just couldn't keep control of the ball. With the kind of players they have, they should be better than this. They were pretty damn efficient though, Dzeko was a good disposition from Mancini. Kolarov played horribly when he first got on, but made up for it with that freekick :)
Di Maria and Marcelo played really well, which is annoying, considering they're among my least favourite footballers.. :p

My friend almost won 200 pounds on the games tonight.. He just needed a draw in the Dortmund - Ajax game :p Dortmund scored in the 87th minute, as far as I can remember.

Wednesday 19th September 2012 Group G

Barcelona 3-2 Spartak Moscow
Bayern Munich 2-1 Valencia
Braga 0-2 CFR Cluj-Napoca
Celtic 0-0 Benfica

Chelsea 2-2 Juventus
Lille 1-3 BATE Borisov
Man Utd 1-0 Galatasaray
Shakhtar Donetsk 2-0 FC Nordsjaelland

Damn frustrating to lose 2 points, but Oscar is a legend in the making!

Yeah, good start for him at Chelsea, but not a great result for sure. Still it was Juve, so could have been worse. Man U start with a win, but will have to play better away in Turkey. Still a win's a win.

Well done to Cluj & BATE for away wins, not an easy thing to do against anyone in the UCL and a great start to the championship.

Spartak got two at Barca? Game looked a close score, did anyone see this? :shock:

Fuck I was worried, couldn't watch the game, so I was following it on livescore. Thank god for Messi :D

I would have liked to see the Chelsea - Juve game, what I saw of Oscar at the olympics impressed me, I like that he's doing well now too.

*edit*

di-kmib.gif

That's pretty fucking amazing. Even Buffon has commented it, saying that it doesn't feel good to get a goal against you, but it's an honor to at least be a part of such a great goal.

Last edited:
Tuesday 2nd October 2012
UEFA Champions League - Group F

BATE Borisov 3-1 Bayern Munich
Benfica 0-2 Barcelona
CFR Cluj-Napoca 1-2 Man Utd
FC Nordsjaelland 0-4 Chelsea

Galatasaray 0-2 Braga
Juventus 1-1 Shakhtar Donetsk
Valencia 2-0 Lille
Spartak Moscow 2-3 Celtic

Oh it was 3 goals Celtic had. The stream I was watching was so bad I thought it said 5:p

Oh it was 3 goals Celtic had. The stream I was watching was so bad I thought it said 5:p

Yeah, Samaras scored the winner, he's a very good player but never seems to do perform as well as he could or should. A deserved win for Celtic, well done to the jocks.

Desreved win for Cehlsea too, but the scoreline does flatter thm, I thought Nords' did good a 1-0, got a few chances but didn't take them. Chelsea then scored three late on, I did like the David Luiz FK though. He may have some defensive frailties, but he sure can hit a dead ball nicely.

Barca & Man U both showed the experience of previous UCL campaigns, win away with a good performance, without playing great.

Another draw for Juve and this one at home, a slow start which I hope won't come back to haunt them. :think:

Galatasaray lost again, oh no what a shame. :p :)lol:)

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
Group A

Dynamo Kiev 2-0 Din Zagreb
FC Porto 1-0 Paris SG

Group B

Arsenal 3-1 Olympiakos
Schalke 04 2-2 Montpellier

Group C

Anderlecht 0-3 Malaga
Zenit St P'sbg 2-3 AC Milan

Group D

Ajax 1-4 Real Madrid
Man City 1-1 Borussia Dortmund

Anyone see the Dortmund & City match? The report said that Dortmund were unlucky not to win it, with Joe Hart saving the game.

Well done to the Gunners for the win.

Wonder if UEFA is going to allow this kind of attitudes to everyone:

I didn't see that on the TV highlights, was that as bad as it looks?
Fabregas is not normally the type of player to manhandle an official or even get in their faces. Maybe it's different at Barca now.

Anyone see the Dortmund & City match? The report said that Dortmund were unlucky not to win it, with Joe Hart saving the game.
I have, of course, and they were. Joe Hart was really great - unbelievably great for an English keeper. :p Weidenfeller at the other end of the pitch had a good day, too. The match could easily have ended 3-4 or something with lesser keepers.
The penalty for City was a joke, though... well, many referees would not have given it, let's leave it at that. But Dortmund had themselves to blame for not scoring more of their 100% chances (nothing new, it's been their main problem for two years, not only in the Champions League)... thanks to Joe Hart. But overall, the way they played gives me hope for the upcoming matches. If they can keep that up, they should beat City and Ajax in the return games and even have a chance at not losing against Real.

Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Barcelona 2-1 Celtic
BATE Borisov 0-3 Valencia
Galatasaray 1-1 CFR 1907 Cluj-Napoca
Lille 0-1 Bayern Munich

Man Utd 3-2 Braga
Nordsjaelland 1-1 Juventus
Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1 Chelsea
Spartak Moscow 2-1 Benfica

Shaktar were played high trempo, sparkling football and deserved the win against Chelsea, who were maybe thinking of next weekend's game against Man U and not the UCL one in front of them.

Barca & Man U both went behind at home, then went on to win, which in Barca's case was the in last minute. Classy offense, with occaisional suspect defence, did the trick in both games.

The Barcelona defence has been atrocious in recent games.. I miss Pique and Puyol.