UCL 2012/13 Thread - UEFA Champions League

^
and will take some cleaning up in the second leg in Barcelona.

Sheesh, losing 4 to zero, I didn't expect that.

:smile:

SCHLAAAAAA.... I mean, YERN? CHEN? Whatever. Please let it be a Munich v. Dortmund final! (So I can finally see both teams on TV for once...)

deutschland.jpg

Bayern are just awesome right now. And with the defensive trouble Barcelona has, there's no way they'll play another 90 and keep Bayern from scoring. It's done, the last leg is a formality, a chance to save face.

Messi didn't look like he was quite ready to play. Very poor performance from him unfortunately.

Bar?a relies too much on Messi and that might become a problem in the future. He wasn't ready to play (the doctors didn't give him the go) but the team wasn't either.

As I said before, totally deserved and with high hopes this might change something inside the team. Now it's only a matter of keeping the pride in the last leg and let Bayern win the trophy.

P.S. What a horrible player is Alexis. I still don't know why Tito prefers him over Villa who has done a really good job over the years.

Although the game is not even over yet, I am very optimistic I will get my german finale in Wembley :D

Dortmund - Real as of right now 4:1

Booooooooorusssssiiiiiaaaaaaaa!

What a match. Awesome performance by Dortmund. :)

This is so surreal, the German teams destroying the supposedly best two teams in Europe, if not even the world like that. A German finale is in reach now, but I'm not really hoping for it, because there is no way I'm ever rooting for Bayern (except if them winning prevents Schalke a title).

I as a Bayernfan do want the german finale. Just because it'd be epic! Also I can't stand Ronaldos face, he needs to stay the fuck away from the finale :p

Wednesday 24th April 2013
UEFA Champions League - Semi-Final

Bor Dortmund 4-1 Real Madrid

Although the game is not even over yet, I am very optimistic I will get my german finale in Wembley :D

Dortmund - Real as of right now 4:1

Yup, now looking that way - an All-German Finale at Wembley.

When the score was only 3 - 1, I thought Real were still in with a chance, given the away goal.

Now, an agregate win for Real looks unlikely, though stil possible.

Well... Barcelona has been dethroned!

This is fun!:D

^
Still two more Second Leg SFs to go, anything could happen. Football is a strange game sometimes. I would not have believed that the first two games would be 4-0 and 4-1, but they were. (maybe 1-0 or 0-0)

Normally I'd be totally with you on that "nothing is over yet", but I'd barely consider a 3:0 for Real an actual possibility, and for sure not a 5:0 for Barca.. these differences are just too high and neither of the german teams strikes me as it could be beaten that high in their current form, while the spanish clubs did not play all that great so far anyway.

WHO PISSED OFF THE GERMANS?!

Well, I think against teams like Barcelona and RM, if you play a perfect game, you might get a 1 or 2 goal difference win... to win by 3 or 4 it's a combination of playing with the right strategy and the other team having a really bad day.
Given, Bar?a's defense is not the best by far, and was conditioned by missing Puyol (who might not be fast but he's the boss) and Mascherano. Their strong point is attack which was nowhere to be found, so, result.

German final I think.

Sobering up...

Well, for 82 minutes it was, in football reporter clich? speak, one of the best 0-0s I've ever seen, but then.... I really could have done without the last ten minutes.

Both Real and Borussia had many good chances to score before, we were screaming at Lewandowski so loudly he must have heard it despite being 1700 km away. :p Anyway, now only FCB to beat.

I still get confused by the "FCB" abbreviation :) Though I guess it's fitting, no matter what the outcome of tonights game, they'll be playing "FCB" in the final :p