UCL 2012/13 Thread - UEFA Champions League

A word about the opening ceremony: What the fuck was that all about? In my opinion this dark age battle thing was not very appropiate.

Last edited:
(Source)

But he was wrong. The Bavarians won, not the Germans...

OK, I didn't know about the TW message.

Just to be clear, Lineker uttered that sentence many moons ago (after an England-Germany match), but of course, with this all German final, it was a fitting occasion to rehash it.

OT - cracking match!

Yup, an old quote which seemed was re-quoted.

Yeah, I know that of course, I just wanted to make clear that he did indeed reiterate it himself for this occasion. :)

"That's fair, by golly." - Long John silver / Pirate voice.

A word about the opening ceremony: What the fuck was that all about? In my opinion this dark age battle thing was not very appropiate.

All opening ceremonies to evreything, such as the Olympics etc are rubbish & usually unintelligeable nonsense.

I had HOPED that the Brits may do something different in London 2012, but nope more crap. (The music was pretty good though.) :rolleyes:

In my opinion this dark age battle thing was not very appropiate.
They just had to have a war theme, didn't they? :p

I had HOPED that the Brits may do something different in London 2012, but nope more crap. (The music was pretty good though.) :rolleyes:
Oh come on, Bean was alright. :D

Last edited:
I just watched it in Youtube... it was so crap :p
The least they could have done is have hired some LARPers, given them foam swords and let them have some fun in the middle of the pitch while at the same time giving the spectators something to watch. The gladiators were pathetic! Should have called some of the Spartacus choreographers (and actors, why not)

Anyway, if anyone was disappointed that day, the match certainly made up for it.