UFC/Strikeforce/MMA 2011

Punisher Bass

He who drives a Buick
Car(s)
98 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
Since it's a new year, I figured why not make a new thread like everyone else here.

I'll start off with how M1 is blaming Fedor's loss on super secret and illegal mind control devices. The story on that is here. http://www.cagepotato.com/bigfoot-s...ainers-claims-of-use-of-illegal-mind-control/. But I'd just read the response from Silva's camp.

Jeez!! I got [caught!] I will have to come out with the truth now! I hired a Macumbeiro (Brazilian witch doctor) and we killed a black chicken on the crossroads. After this, over a few beers, I showed the witch doctor Fedor?s fights, and he was worried that a chicken wouldn?t be enough, so we went out and killed a black goat just to make sure! Very potent stuff! Really messed Fedor?s brain waves up! We wanted to try that other military stuff Voronov is talking about, but it?s expensive technology and we were broke! The chicken and the goat came out way cheaper. Witch doctor is a friend; [he] did it for a few beers and an autograph!

That right there has turned me into a Bigfoot fan. I know this didn't come out of his mouth, but in a sport where so many people take things deadly serious all the time, it's nice to see something like this. It's also why I love Pat Barry, the man is such a goof you can't help but love him, now if only he'd join a real camp...

Now my predictions for UFC 127.

Penn/Fitch - I want Fitch to win because I hate BJ that much. He is 3-3 at WW and is always getting handed title shots just because he's BJ Penn. BJ is obviously a better striker, but I think Fitch will use his size advantage to wrestlefuck a decision victory. Word is that the winner gets the next shot at the WW title, and the only way I see either of these guys winning that match is if GSP has moved up to MW for the Silva superfight. Considering how much GSP has improved he'd probably make Fitch's face three times as bad as it did the last time they fought, but I would LOVE to see GSP rape Penn for a third time in a row.

Bisping/Rivera - I'm going with Rivera all the way on this one. Jorge has made some EPIC trash talk videos leading up to the fight and I want to see him back it up. Bisping is as always acting like a cocky little prick and needs a reminder of what happened during the Hendo fight.

Sotiropoulos/Siver - Snuffalupagus needs a name that's easier to write and pronounce, if he wins in domination fashion and scores another one before the end of summer, I could see him getting a title shot by the end of the year.

Tuchscherer/Hunt - As many others have already said, this is clearly a loser leaves town match. I think the only reason the cut rate mutant clone of Lesnar got into the UFC was because he's Brock's training partner. He got his ass kicked by Gonzaga, did not deserve the win over Hauge, and then was put to sleep by Schaub. I know Mark Hunt has been on the decline for a long time, but I want him to smash Lesnar's buttbuddy right out of the UFC.

Quick thoughts.

Not anxious to see Penn and Fitch rematch, if the match had another 2 rounds Fitch would have just done the same thing he did in round 3. I'm sick of Penn getting these chances just because he's BJ Penn, lets see him actually work his way up this time.

Bisping is a low class piece of shit for the illegal knee and then spitting on Jorge's trainers after the fight.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2011/02/27/Michael_Bisping__vs._Jorge_Rivera_3.gif

Thank you so much Mark Hunt, thank you for knocking this glass jawed bozo right out of the UFC.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2011/02/27/Mark_Hunt_vs._Chris_Tuchscherer_4.gif

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2011/02/27/last.gif

If it's all the same, I am probably gonna continue posting anything MMA related in the existing MMA anyone thread.

As for 127, it was a good event overall, Penn made the fight with Fitch far closer than I expected though he lost the last round in a big way.

As for Bisping, he is much more skilled than Rivera and I expercted him to beat Jorge all along. His antics after the fight were totally uncalled for sure Jorge said some shit that crossed the line, but spitting at the opponents corner is not the way to respond.

Quick thoughts.
Thank you so much Mark Hunt, thank you for knocking this glass jawed bozo right out of the UFC.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2011/02/27/Mark_Hunt_vs._Chris_Tuchscherer_4.gif

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2011/02/27/last.gif

That guy is straight up fat, it doesn't seem to hurt him in this fight, but with the amount of training he undoubtedly does wouldn't shedding that weight improve his endurance and speed. Also at his size he's probably stuck in heavyweight, but wouldn't he be served better by carrying his weight in muscle rather than fat?

That guy is straight up fat, it doesn't seem to hurt him in this fight, but with the amount of training he undoubtedly does wouldn't shedding that weight improve his endurance and speed. Also at his size he's probably stuck in heavyweight, but wouldn't he be served better by carrying his weight in muscle rather than fat?

Not exactly. In MMA guys with a lot of muscle mass tend to gas out very quickly because their body simply can't provide enough oxygen to use them, so they end up having poor cardio. Here's an example.

brock-lesnar-ufc-91-weigh-in.jpg

He gassed about 45 seconds into his last match and got the shit kicked out of him by this man.

cain_velasquez.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2011/03/01/cain-lesnarfspt.gif

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2011/03/01/lxxlquuuyd3.gif

And here is another example.

Bobby-Lashley.jpg

Not only was he beaten by a guy who was brought in to lose to him, but he was so wiped out by the end of the match he had to be taken away on a stretcher. This is what happens when you add 265lb muscles to an 185lb frame.

Here are a couple examples of guys who aren't bulging with muscles yet are some of the top heavyweights in the world.

roy-nelson-belly-rub.jpg

40_FedorEmelianenkoAF2weigh.jpg

They don't look like much, but they could easily tear your arm off and beat you to death with the wet end.

It's not for me to say if they'd be better or worse off that way, whatever they've been doing has obviously worked for them. Some fighters don't mind cutting 20-30lbs or more to make it to the 205 LHW limit, others hate doing a weight cut and just walk around at 240 all the time. Typically, in he smaller weight classes you will never see a fighter with a spare tire, that's why those fights tend to be more exciting and far more athletic.

Last edited:
It's not for me to say if they'd be better or worse off that way, whatever they've been doing has obviously worked for them. Some fighters don't mind cutting 20-30lbs or more to make it to the 205 LHW limit, others hate doing a weight cut and just walk around at 240 all the time. Typically, in he smaller weight classes you will never see a fighter with a spare tire, that's why those fights tend to be more exciting and far more athletic.

Yeah, I always found the fast pace of 185 and below exciting. I think thats why I like watching GSP so much, and Anderson Silva. Their lightning speed is fun to see.

Speaking of Silva and GSP, I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't want to see a superfight between them. They are both great fighters, but I don't want to see GSP give up his strap and them possibly get trounced by Silva or any of the much bigger MW's. I'd rather see GSP stay at WW and continue to build his legacy so long as he isn't fed a string of Dan Hardy's, and I have a feeling he's not walking away from Sheilds with his belt. I think GSP is by FAR a better fighter and should mop the floor with him, but if I've learned anything during my short time following the sport, it's that the MMA gods have a real sense of humor and just love throwing monkey wrenches into the best laid plans. I still expect another one sided beating but I'm ready for an upset though.

What is he going to do, GSP is stuck in the same web as Manny Pacquiao. He beat the fuck out of everyone near his weight class, and doesn't want to keep beating down the same punks every year. I still think moving up only benefits Silva, why would GSP want to hold all that weight and slow down, only to be outclassed in reach and strength by someone who's body naturally holds a weight like that. I guess when you are the best, you just want to keep testing yourself until you reach a point of failure.

The Kampmann/Diego match tonight was fun and at the same time painful to watch. Diego does not know the meaning of the word "quit", you could put him in the cage with a bulldozer and he'd still charge in there with everything he's got, that being said I was very disappointed in his performance tonight. He looked a bit flabby and not as crisp as he used to, I was also bothered that he only scored one takedown the entire match and wasn't able to do anything with it, I still think he won the fight but it was a razor thin victory. I know he's back with Greg Jackson, but he needs to go back to the drawing board on some things.

It's official, Hendo is the man, he smashed Calvacante in brutal fashion to take the Strikeforce LHW strap.

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

6.gif

Word going around on Fedor's future is that he might drop down to LHW and possibly take on Henderson (for the title no less). Honestly I don't care if this actually happens or not, I'm sick of Fedor/M1 and their bullshit, I'm also sick of people failing upwards in Strikeforce. You lose a match or two in a row, you get a title shot. If Fedor did go to 205 I think he'll just take easily winnable fights, which shouldn't be hard considering how shallow the entire SF roster is. But my money is on him somehow getting reinserted in the HW tournament by whatever bullshit reason they cook up.

Which brings me to the 2 month delay recently announced. It's insane that SF is constantly willing to bend over for the whims of a few fighters. Barnett can't get licensed in any state with a real commission, so they tried to set it up in Japan and that fell through, so they're pushing things back by two months and are going to hold the next stage in TX... And Coker wonders why people like to call it "Strikefarce".

Strikeforce will never be the same again. Zuffa have bought them out.

If anything it's a good thing, it'll stop Scott Coker from ruining the company, Zuffa are keeping Coker involved but Dana and co will sort it out if Coker does any stupid shit.

Zuffa are gonna continue to run Strikforce events in much the same way they did with the WEC, probably use Strikeforce to develop the up and comers before bringing them onto the big UFC shows.

Sauce.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/12/zuffa-purchases-strikeforce/

Last edited:
Holy shit. That was unexpected.

Fuck, this reminds me of when the WWF bought WCW 10 years ago. I just read the news a few minutes ago and am still trying to sort through it, but I did not see this one coming, at least not right now. Right now I just want to see Dana kick M1 to the curb, they don't need Fedor and the bullshit he brings with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if his contract is with Showtime and not Strikeforce so it wouldn't matter much anyway.

Changes are starting to trickle down already. Elbows on the ground are now legal in SF.
source

My picks for UFC 128.

For the main event, I really can't pick one over the other. My heart wants Jones but my head says Shogun, I can see this match easily going either way.
Faber, he'll probably be getting a title shot after this.
Nate should have an easy KOTN bonus coming to him, though it's a shame he won't be the one to send Akiyama packing.
Schaub. Cro Cop is giving another "I feel better and more competitive than ever" speech and I'm not buying it. I think Schaub has the speed and skill to keep pressure on Mirko so he'll be too scared to pull the trigger, this could end in a KO late into the match but I see it going to cards. I'd also be willing to do a sig bet on this one, any takers?

MY pics.

Nate by decision - I don't think he is as great as people say, he always chokes in the fights that really matter eg against Okami, Sonnen and Silva.
Schaub - No idea how this will end. I have to say I wish Mirko would retire, he was one of MMA's best heavyweights for about 3 - 4 years, but not any more he's too old now.
Faber - by all accounts he should win this.
Shogun by KO - Jones maybe the future but he hasn't been tested like Shogun, this is only Jones 2nd fight against a legit top 10 opponent while Shogun has smashed some of MMA's best 205'ers throughout his career. Shogun's experience and superior cardio and vicious striking will win out in this one.