Ugliest Cars/Aero Devices

The_Clincher

i dont have a pic right now, but those "elephant ears" that honda tried out few weeks ago at barcelona were pretty fugly and useless:p

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Fiat 500 1957 Edition

BMW Williams F1 2005. Car and Driver said it looked like a walrus, and they actually have a point. :blink:

Austere

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz 280S
avert your eyes.

avert your eyes.

This one is more about the colours than anything else. Yellow & Blue and White & Orange just don't go together. Worst. Livery. Ever.

And the old ones looked so lovely! Bring back tobacco sponsorship! Bring back Mild Seven!

Devon

Car(s)
2008 MY09 Subaru Impreza RX
This one is more about the colours than anything else. Yellow & Blue and White & Orange just don't go together. Worst. Livery. Ever.

And the old ones looked so lovely! Bring back tobacco sponsorship! Bring back Mild Seven!
When I first saw that livery at the beginning of the season I thought it was awful, but seeing the car in action I think it looks pretty good now.

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
First Aberdeen Bus Network

BMW Williams F1 2005. Car and Driver said it looked like a walrus, and they actually have a point. :blink:
Have you actually seen that in real life?? Cos it actually looks pretty good.

I also agree with Devon, the Renault scheme is growing on me.

Austere

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz 280S
When I first saw that livery at the beginning of the season I thought it was awful, but seeing the car in action I think it looks pretty good now.
I also agree with Devon, the Renault scheme is growing on me.
You guys are outta your minds! I think it looks like a whore's handbag.

Considering it could have looked as good as this:

^^That's hot sex action on wheels, baby!

You should only look at this next one if you're over 18! It's very risque!

Spoiler Text: (Click here to toggle display)

"I think I can see her kidneys."

yikes.

Last edited:

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Car(s)
Holden Commodore SV6 MY14
lol you're right they should have left it like that, They could just but the ING logo in there with out putting the white and orange combination.
Not for the money ING are paying :p

Ugly F1 cars? Well the 1996 Ferrari 310 bath chair was a pretty poor looking vehicle.

leif

I have always appreciated function over form in race cars...

I thought the walrus tusks on the Williams BMW was a neat Idea, as it allowed BMW to optimize the twin keel of the car. I was disappointed that it didn't work out.

I think that with the new restrictions on wing size this year, we are seeing some of the neatest cars yet...they have developed some truly organic shapes...I particularly like the shape of the radiator inlet on the McLaren MP4-22

If I had to pick an ugly F1 car, it would have to be the 6 wheeled elf tyrrell car.

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Car(s)
Holden Commodore SV6 MY14
I mean seriously how hard could this be? I'm sure Renault could've made a deal with ING to make the car look like this:
Yeah, they probably could've. But if ING said something like "yeah, thats good, but we'll offer you more money for more space", would you say no if you were in charge of the deal? You'd wouldn't have your job for much longer! :p

Ottobon

Car(s)
2 Rust buckets and a confused 1999 American.
Not for the money ING are paying :p

Ugly F1 cars? Well the 1996 Ferrari 310 bath chair was a pretty poor looking vehicle.

i actually rather like that, what i don't like is some of the rediculous can-am stuff

those elephant ears are terrible as well!

The_Finn

Car(s)
99 Volvo V70R
those elephant wings are fucking ugly as sin....

i think the Chapparal 2J sucker car doesn't have much going for it asthetically functionally it's fantastic otherwise... UGLY

from the front:

from the back:

Last edited: