Uncharted 3

I beat him on my first try on medium difficulty. Those blue guardian fuckers with the crossbows were much more of a challenge for me to deal with.

I beat him on my first try on medium difficulty. Those blue guardian fuckers with the crossbows were much more of a challenge for me to deal with.

this, i did the boss on the first try. i figured out a tactic to keep hitting him from a distance. The guardian's with the crossbows were far worse for me. took ages to take them down.

what if i told you that beating him was easy on the hardest level? what if i told you you could have your plat trophy in no time? would you want it? its not a cheat, just a really smart way to beat him. i have done it two times. i will only post it if you guys wanna se it.

Sure...

?We?ve developed a unique process for motion capture and performance capture for games,? UNCHARTED 3 Creative Director Amy Hennig explained during a recent tour of Naughty Dog?s cutting-edge new mocap studio in Culver City, California. ?We?re kind of ahead of the pack.? Hennig described the evolution of the UNCHARTED series? motion capture technology, beginning with the humble stage used to record UNCHARTED: Drake?s Fortune. It was an outdated, uncomfortable place to perform, equipped with a camera array that painted the room with eye-searing red light. And its poor acoustics made dialog recording impossible, so in-game speech had to be added later.

Following UNCHARTED?s breakout success, Naughty Dog upgraded to the vastly more sophisticated facilities at the House of Moves for UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, a game that further strained the boundaries of cinematic game storytelling. The House of Moves facilities featured an integrated sound stage that enabled Naughty Dog?s team to record dialog while simultaneously capturing the actor?s physical performances ? a then-unheard of process that is quickly becoming the gold standard for video-game performances.

Now, with UNCHARTED 3: Drake?s Deception, the team is shooting on its very own cutting-edge mocap set, the culmination of years of pioneering experimentation in game storytelling. Though the sets and props are largely virtual, Hennig and her team make frequent comparisons to shooting for television. ?We don?t have the luxury of writing a big script in an ivory tower,? she explained. ?We have an outline that we work from and we write the scenes as we go.? That looser approach gives Hennig and her storytelling team the flexibility to adapt to script changes or make tweaks based on a performer?s strengths. ?As the writer, I get to learn the actor?s voices ? their cadences, their idiosyncrasies, and I write them right in,? Hennig said. ?Their characters become infused with their personalities.?

More tech behind Uncharted 3

They're really going all out to promote U3, with good reason. I hope there's a ridiculously insane collectors edition.

I'm usually not one for CE's (I have two, and got them both on heavy markdowns), but I would deeply consider a well-done U3 CE. Heck, a making-of disc (in HD on a BD disc, of course), soundtrack and extra content might just be enough for me haha.

Yes it is. The caption says "6 days 2 hours 47 minutes" and is counting down.

So...there's a whole level in the game where we have to walk across a desert? :p

Just replayed the 1st one, the worst part is the shooting.
I'll redo 2 in the week.

E3 2011: Uncharted 3 Week on IGN
We've got new info on Drake's Deception each and every day.
May 29, 2011

by Greg Miller

The biggest video game show of the year is just around the corner and while IGN's E3 coverage is up to the minute and in full swing, waiting another week for news on the biggest games doesn't sound like much fun. Luckily for us, Sony and developer Naughty Dog agree. This week, we're bringing you brand new Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception news, videos and features. Each and every day, there's going to be something Nathan Drake-related on IGN.

It all kicks off tomorrow with news and videos about what you're going to get to play in the very near future. From there, it only gets better. Go ahead and bookmark this page as we'll update this story with each and every Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception piece we post in the coming week.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1171341p1.html

IGN's first day of info on the beta:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1171344p1.html

They have a video on the airfield map as well.

It's been a little more than a month since developer Naughty Dog broke the news about an Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception beta, but even then, all the team gave us was a set of dates. Today, Naughty Dog is giving us the whole, wonderful enchilada.

Below, you find every critical, nerdy detail and video flythrough you need to get ready for the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta that's going live next month. I suggest you read it, study it, and go refresh yourself with the multiplayer of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves so that you don't look like a fool out there.

When does the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta start?
If you have the voucher from Infamous 2 or a PlayStation Plus subscription, June 28th. If you're what I like to call a "normie," July 4th.

When does the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta end?
July 13th.

What's the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta level cap?
Level 25, bro.

What modes are included in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
There are nine modes. Team Deathmatch (duh), 3-Team Deathmatch (three teams of two face off), Team Objective (complete the assigned goals), Free For All (kill everyone), Plunder (capture the treasure), High Stakes (gamble with your XP and cash), and three co-op modes I can't tell you about yet but swear I will blow them out this week.

Which maps are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
There's an airfield one and a French chateau. Both are multi-level with plenty to climb. They each pack dynamic events to keep the matches lively like attacking planes and collapsing structures. Check out our Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta map flythroughs to see the arenas.

What Uncharted 3 power plays are in the beta?
As touched on in the multiplayer reveal, Uncharted 3 packs power plays. These are one-minute events that'll occur in blowouts to give the losing team a fighting chance (although the winning team can benefit, too). The Uncharted 3 multiplayer packs four Power Plays.

Marked Man - A person on the winning team is marked, and the losing team gets 3 points if they kill him. Meanwhile, the winning team gets double cash for each kill and a special medal if the Marked Man doesn't die.

Cursed - The winning team sees all characters as skeletons and friendly fire is turned on. Each time the losing team gets a kill or the winning team kills one of its own, the losing team gets two points. Meanwhile, the winning team gets double cash for each member of the losing team killed.

Exposed - The winning team's location is revealed to the losing team. The winning team gets double cash for each losing team member killed.

Double Damage - Losing team inflicts double damage. Winning team earns double cash for each kill.

What boosters are available in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
Boosters -- equipable abilities that affect gameplay -- are back in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, but they've been revamped. When you choose one of these abilities and use it, you earn experience points for it. So, you're leveling up your profile and your abilities individually when you play the game. The Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta is going to feature eight boosters spread over two slots.

Booster Slot 1 Options
Come Here
- See the opponent that killed you on your radar until he or she dies.

Retaliation - Spawn with the Power Weapon you were killed by.

Cloaked - Opponents won't see you on the radar and you can't be heard.

Weapon Expert - Gives you the ability to add additional mods to you weapons.

Booster Slot 2 Options
Back in the Saddle
- Reduces your respawn time.

Bargain - Decreases the cost of Medal Kickbacks. (Special powers you set before the game and have to earn in a match.)

Power Hunter - See the location of Power Weapons.

Daredevil - When you taunt over a defeated opponent, you get extra ammo.

What Medal Kickbacks are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
Before you start a match, you decide which Medal Kickback you want to use. When you're out there on the battlefield and start earning medals, you start building toward your kickback. Get the amount of medals needed to use the kickback, and you can pull off the uber-maneuver.

Smoke Bomb - You vanish in a puff of smoke.

Speedy G - You get a speed boost.

RPG!!! - You instantly spawn an RPG.

Cluster Bomb - One grenade explodes into multiple grenades.

What guns are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
AK-47, G-Mal and the Dragon Sniper round out the long guns. Pistols are also included, and the above Medal Kickback confirms RPGs.

What Mods are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
For your long guns, there are two -- clip size and Call Out (which shows the location of enemies). For the pistols, you can increase the total amount of ammo and the rate of fire for the Arm Micro.

What characters are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
If you choose to be a hero, you can be Nathan Drake, Sully or a treasure hunter. If you're going to be a villain, you're a pirate. However, remember that you can customize the hell out of these characters. Shirts, hats, sunglasses, and more will help you make your avatar your own.

So, what do you think of all these bells and whistles? Which Boosters are you going to focus on leveling up? Which character will be your go-to? Let the world know in the comments below, and keep checking IGN for more coverage from Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception week.

You could take what he said literally, i.e. the player disappears through some game mechanic, or you could just take it to mean that he's hidden by the smoke produced by the bomb, thus "disappearing." It isn't clear to me which it is. A normal smoke bomb would be weak for a special power though, everyone will just spray into the smoke.

Balancing might not be a bad thing, sometimes you can slaughter the other team.

Yeah, I know. I've been there. But I've also been in games where one team was just barely losing or it was often tied and the winner just barely won. In that case a "power play" could "unbalance" the game.

Right now this is all pure speculation, we'll find out how it works when we play it in a month. Or maybe we'll see some gameplay in the next week.

You could take what he said literally, i.e. the player disappears through some game mechanic, or you could just take it to mean that he's hidden by the smoke produced by the bomb, thus "disappearing." It isn't clear to me which it is. A normal smoke bomb would be weak for a special power though, everyone will just spray into the smoke.

Theres the Britherhood multiplayer smokebomb, where you can't move for a second or two. Which makes you an easy kill target.

They confirmed months ago they're dropping situational awareness, because it's a horrible and easy booster. This must be just a quick smoke grenade?

Balancing might not be a bad thing, sometimes you can slaughter the other team.

Here's more food for thought: Let's say a clan gets together and sets up the boosters so that they start the game losing and use the double damage/whatever power play to plow through the lesser team. They could have retaliation on, get a hammer, power play with double damage and go to town.

I just think these are the things people think of that devs don't. I know it's not out yet and we haven't seen it in practice, only on paper, but I think there's a fine line between balance and handicaps. I will remain skeptical on this feature until I see it.