Upgrading my PC, could use some advice

What exactly is this next generation of SSDs you speak of, out of curiosity?

Last edited:
OCZ already has an SSD on the market based around that technology. However, it starts at $300 for 120GB, which I'm afraid is pretty far out of my budget. But if I wait a little bit, prices could drop and I might have more money, so I'll certainly think about that.

Ah, I didn't know that they were starting to hit market already. But yeah, you're right, that's just way to high right now. Perhaps we'll see a slight drop in SSD prices soon.

Ha, I thought my one week old SSD was already outdated - yeah, those have been out a while now Polygon. ;)

It seems they're really hard to come by though, everyone is out of the Vertex 3 and mostly out of the Intel Elm Crests as well.

Ha, I thought my one week old SSD was already outdated - yeah, those have been out a while now Polygon. ;)

It seems they're really hard to come by though, everyone is out of the Vertex 3 and mostly out of the Intel Elm Crests as well.

The Intel Elm Crest appears to be in stock at Newegg, but again, too expensive for my budget at the moment.

I said mostly out of stock on the Intels. :p The write speeds aren't quite as amazing as the Vertex 3, so the Vertex is even harder to find right now.

See, Newegg is a rip off sometimes though. I bought mine for $279.99, and it's not like $40 is nothing... you could buy an extra 4GB of RAM for that.

So I just went out and bought the following parts:

CPU: Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 LE
RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB Dual Channel Kit (2x4GB)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 850W

I was looking for different RAM and a different video card, but they didn't have those available so I went for whatever was the closest match. I'll be installing it all later today.

My little Radeon 5750 is feeling rather jealous of all you folks with Fermi cards. :(

Kidding aside, congrats. What case do you have again?

My little Radeon 5750 is feeling rather jealous of all you folks with Fermi cards. :(

Kidding aside, congrats. What case do you have again?

I have some Aspire ATX case from when I originally bought the computer 5 years back. I don't know the model name and can't find Aspire's website to get it, but I'll probably take a couple pictures later when I start taking it all apart.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I won't be purchasing an SSD for the time being. I don't want to spend the extra money on it unless I can find the exact one I want, and it wasn't in stock when I came in.

Edit: Actually, I've found the case here. It seems that the company's name has changed to Apevia.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Sandy Bitch owners club! ;)

The computer's now up and running on Windows 7. So far so good :D

Edit: Turns out there is a problem. The OS can't detect certain partitions, although oddly enough I think I'm right in saying that it's not a whole hard drive undetected, but just certain partitions. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Edit 2: Figured it out. Just had to go into Disk Management and assign letters to the partitions.

Last edited: