US East Coast Warship Tour, map proposal, date TBD

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR #XJR, #Saab #9-3 #9-5 #900
I've put together a map with locations of 14 major museum ships on the US East Coast, stretching all the way from Boston to Charleston SC. The neat thing about this road trip is that most locations have at least two ships very close to each other, so you can make a complete circuit of the route and see something new on each leg. Here's what I've put together; one ship (NS Savannah) isn't a warship, but it's 1 of only 4 nuclear-powered freighters ever built, so it's pretty cool in its own right.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.0075994,-74.2789751,7z/data=!4m2!6m1!1szgpZDvpXfzls.kFfFBgkHIoKs

I'm thinking of doing this next spring or summer, so plenty of time for people to join. You can start anywhere along the route and still make a complete circuit of the whole thing.

East Coast
I had some plans for Gulf Coast and West Coast versions of this trip, but hadn't thought of the Great Lakes. And the map seems to be working fine for me, even in IE and logged out of my Google account.

I had some plans for Gulf Coast and West Coast versions of this trip, but hadn't thought of the Great Lakes. And the map seems to be working fine for me, even in IE and logged out of my Google account.

Party pooper :p

Map not working for me in Chrome logged into my Google account. Good jorb Google.

But at least Chrome is still showing a map, IE is amazingly broken

IY72baC.png

Last edited:
There are several lunch, day and dinner cruises in Norfolk that go right past Naval Station Norfolk down to the carrier piers then turn around. I've done the Spirit of Norfolk twice (good dinner cruise) and you get a good view of anything in port.

the map seems to be working fine for me, even in IE and logged out of my Google account.

It's prolly saved on your computer. Clear your cookies and browser cache and see if it still works.

It's prolly saved on your computer. Clear your cookies and browser cache and see if it still works.

Yeah, I was trying to avoid that when trying it in IE, rather than my usual Chrome. Still works, even in private browsing on a completely different computer, so it looks like the map itself is fine.