Ownership Verified: USS Deer - The Some F***s Given 1979 Impala

Ooooooh I like!

Dude really needs to clean the shop that he paints in before he paints. :nod:

I watched a guy at a dealer a few days ago painting a fender on a Dodge Nitro out back. It was mid 30s that day...

Dat orange peel! This will need some buffing :)

It needs another go with 1000 grit sandpaper, a final coat of clearcoat and then quite a bit of rubbing compound, which it's getting even as I type ;)

Last edited:
Since we're still on color...

I would go a modern variation on the original color with metallic. By the way, I don't think that top is factory. Maybe it was, but other than a taxi, or a landau top, I have never seen one with a different color on the roof lie that.

And I hadn't either. And then I saw this come up for sale today.

The plot thickens.

Hmm, maybe it was an option that just was not popular up here. Either way, I like the one that is for sale. It has that strange weird window that I like.

I've always liked those rear windows too. Along with the one in the Monte Carlo Aerocoupe.

295f85fdf5fe4b581ea33b7663095a1a.jpg

Hmm, maybe it was an option that just was not popular up here. Either way, I like the one that is for sale. It has that strange weird window that I like.

At least on the later cars, that was a coupe-only option for paint.

I've always liked those rear windows too. Along with the one in the Monte Carlo Aerocoupe.

295f85fdf5fe4b581ea33b7663095a1a.jpg

The Grand Prix aerocoupe had a better rear window. I would post a pic, but I am on the tablet at the moment.

That has to be a really expensive piece of glass.

I really like any tear drop, or aero type window on the rear of a car. Even the old boat tails.

Last edited:
I've always been partial to the 1966 barracuda

1966_plymouth_barracuda_01-533x400-740x480.jpg

That is the one exception for me. It is not the back of the car, it is the front and side views. the side is just wrong proportionally for me. The front is meh.

No thanks.

Never been a fan of the first gen barracuda myself either.

Buick Riviera Boattail (3rd gen 71-73) however is sex on wheels.

Last edited:
<3 Dat ass! <3

Yup yup, that is one of the cars I long to have in my collection.

How goes the paint work on the Impala?

No meaningful updates thanks to weather. Still needs rubbing compound and quite a bit of cleanup. We have to fix the damage left by the shittiest masking tape on the planet. Feline mechanic squad seems content enough. the grille was patched, sanded and painted and the bended metal behind the bumper was also fixed and painted

State of the deer:

Last edited: