Vancouver Auto Show

zenon

Here is a link to a collection of my photos from the Vancouver Auto Show I went to this week:

http://www.sfu.ca/~jsloan/autoshow/autoshow.htm

There were lots of amazing vehicles (RUF 911 Turbo, RX8, turbocharged Miata, SL55 AMG etc.), and lots of ridiculousness (Cadillac Sixteen, Dodge Ram SRT-10, Dodge Tomahawk).

Enjoy :D

Man i wish i still lived in Vancouver

the auto show here in edmonton is CRAP

oh well

going to detroit next year :D

Viper007Bond said:
And if you say that the SRT-10 is ridiculous again, I'll ban you. :twisted:

Hahaha, ok...

Well, I don't want to sound like too much of a tree hugger, but I guess it is sort of cool having a truck with that much power, but as our planet is becoming increasingly raped of resources, is less than 10 miles per galon really an ethical thing for consumers to be buying in to?

When I was looking at the Cadillac Sixteen at the autushow, my girlfriend asked me what was so speical about the car... I proceeded to tell her how the average Civic has about 100hp, and this car has over 1000hp. I explained my view that it is basically the embodiement of North America's wanton wastefulness. The whole time I was saying this, a Cadillac employee was standing nearby and overheard our conversation. He gave me this extremely dirty look as we were leaving. It was really hilarious!

I just really have a problem with the average North American's wastefulness... having Cadillac produce a 1000 horsepower vehicle and Dodge using 8.3 litre engines in the Viper\Ram\Tomahawk doesn't really help out.

I don't want to rag on anyone's favourite car or anything :D...
I just don't want another fuel crisis.

^Wow...someone that actually uses their SFU webspace semi-productively.

The Porsche 911 Turbo is my favourite car, but I would perfer to keep it in the same specifications it left the Porsche factory it. Personally, I consider anything that RUF does to be tampering with a masterpiece of art and engineering.

Crazy canucks. We should almost call you guys Europeans!

Wow...nice show with a lot of nice cars. Hmm...I tot the Cadillac 16 is suppose to be more economical. It was shown on Top Gear and it says that when in city driving only 4 of its cylinder is running and when on freeways it 8 cylinders is running...only when u floor it then all its 16 cylinders will be in use. I tink for a huge car like tis it manages ard 20+ mpg tat's not tat bad.

as far as another fuel crisis, we are slowly moving into the use of hydrogen as primary fuel for cars. less then 20yrs from now.

and as far as RUF tampering, well, if a 200mph+ R Turbo is tampering then i guess a faster and more improved porsche is what you wont like. RUF cars are great, just as Brabus does with Merc.

justin syder said:
as far as another fuel crisis, we are slowly moving into the use of hydrogen as primary fuel for cars. less then 20yrs from now.

Although it is an extremely debated topic, we might be using hydrogen in 20 years. Thats heavy on the 'might'.

But right now, the general public is definetly moving in the opposite direction. Over the last five years there have been many extremely inefficient trucks\SUVs etc. in the lists of top selling vehicles.

I agree with watching our resources, but c'mon people...this world is so advanced it stinks. Do you actually think that if we ran out of gas, the world would grind to a halt? I don't think so. The only reason that hydrogen/alternative fuels aren't more commonplace yet is because fossil fuels are too much of a cash cow. We all know how bad cigarettes are, right? Then why do governments allow smoking to go on? Because they rape smokers on the tax. It's a big income for them. Same with gas. There's way too much money involved to scrap it yet. Big corporations like Exxon Mobil and others will make quick work of anyone who would try to sell a hydrogen car. Big automakers realize that alternative fuels aren't welcome just yet, so there isn't a huge push to develop them. We posses more than enough technology to be able to find some other renewable source of energy...but some big money machines will mow you down if you touch their incomes....

nice pics.

SL55, RX-8, RUF, RS6, new S40 T5 8) nice!

but who the fuck decided to bring a yellow RX-8!?! :?

SiR_dude said:
I agree with watching our resources, but c'mon people...this world is so advanced it stinks. Do you actually think that if we ran out of gas, the world would grind to a halt? I don't think so. The only reason that hydrogen/alternative fuels aren't more commonplace yet is because fossil fuels are too much of a cash cow. We all know how bad cigarettes are, right? Then why do governments allow smoking to go on? Because they rape smokers on the tax. It's a big income for them. Same with gas. There's way too much money involved to scrap it yet. Big corporations like Exxon Mobil and others will make quick work of anyone who would try to sell a hydrogen car. Big automakers realize that alternative fuels aren't welcome just yet, so there isn't a huge push to develop them. We posses more than enough technology to be able to find some other renewable source of energy...but some big money machines will mow you down if you touch their incomes....

Exactly!

Although I do think preserving resources is very important, it's mostly our blind, opportunistic use of fuel that is the problem. The United States has spent a lot of money and blood attempting to make their artificially lowered fuel prices stay low.

Renesis said:
but who the fuck decided to bring a yellow RX-8!?! :?

There was actually a red RX-8 parked right beside it. I had a bunch of pictures of a red RX-8 at the autoshow last year, so I took some of the yellow one this year. It looks okay, but I don't know how you could buy an RX-8 and not get red :mrgreen:

I wouldn't mind a black one either.. but my pick would be a red one

but if you give me a yellow one I'll take it :wink: