Vancouver Olympics Games thread

^ well done on posting the 1000th Reply.

Canuck, as the Original Thread Poster I believe it is your honour:

How about posting a pic of the closing ceremony, maybe the Olympic Flag and the Mounties or something, to close off the Thread?

I think we are aboot all done here, yes? :)

^ well done on posting the 1000th Reply.

Canuck, as the Original Thread Poster I believe it is your honour:

How about posting a pic of the closing ceremony, maybe the Olympic Flag and the Mounties or something, to close off the Thread?

I think we are aboot all done here, yes? :)

So what you're saying is that you want a picture of an eskimo in an igloo, eating maple syrup and Canadian bacon covered poutine served in a hollowed out hockey puck watching SCTV with his pet moose and beaver?

So what you're saying is that you want a picture of an eskimo in an igloo, eating maple syrup and Canadian bacon covered poutine served in a hollowed out hockey puck watching SCTV with his pet moose and beaver?

The Eskimo, of course, will be played by Rick Moranis.

First of all, my boss (who is Canadian) decided to make a sign that says "Canadians Rule" and place it on my cubicle, along with a "sympathy" card (because it wasn't sympathic (sp?) at all) and a bottle of maple syrup. The sign and the card have been destroyed. The maple syrup has been taken by my mom.

Secondly, if we're going to close the thread, we must use the most ridculous thing from the Closing Ceremony. That has to be the dancing Mounties.

The Maple Leaf, our emblem dear, The Maple Leaf forever! God save our Queen, and Heaven bless, The Maple Leaf forever!

olycp0301_GMJ15NHTU.1+Vancouver%20Olympics%20Closing%20Ceremony.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg

I dunno about you, but The Closing Ceremony went downhill after William Shatner. Seriously Atkins, giant beavers and moose?

Still, Canada kicked ass and took names, and I'm proud to be a Canadian today (even though I live in the US). I wish they did more of a tribute to the men and women of the Canadian military forces and how much they've not only accomplished but also sacrificed, and are still currently sacrificing (see Operation Moshtarak), in Afghanistan and beyond.

film-mounties.JPG

Last edited:
Sure they do, for example I dare say that figureskating is completely free of doping (the single case has been an issue of using cough medicine without clearing it with ISU) and Russia didnt grab a gold in any figure skating event either, that's not happened since 1964.

Putin and Medvedev will demand results in 2014.
I thought it was quite fun to listen to Medvedev, he said "those responsible must have the courage to submit their resignation, and if they do not have this resolve, we will help them.?

He's maaad.

Yeah, so, I'm watching the paralympic opening ceremony because the only other thing on at this time of day on weekends is family guy reruns. There's some guy break dancing with crutches. Kinda cool.

So, I'm guessing that the paralympic torch represents...a corndog wrapped in foil?

This was me during the Terry Fox part -> :cry:

Fun fact: the commentator for CTV and also one of the people carrying torches, Marni Abbott-Peter, wheelchair basketball player, went to high school with my mom.

Also, wow, the happy dancing people danced even whiter than the happy dancing people in the regular olympic ceremony. And those people were wearing all white clothes! :lol: