Vancouver Olympics Games thread

I was really impressed with how well the Swiss did against the US, should be a great game on the 18th!

Last edited:
http://img407.imageshack.**/img407/2354/coolstorybrob.jpg

You hate China. We get it. Now why don't you actually try to do something about it instead of whine on a discussion board. Oh right, you can't, because you're an insignificant speck of dust in this world and nobody gives a shit about what you think.

Have a nice day.

The Chinese might curl more than you think, I remember someone I know in the country mentioning that he was in a club. It's about as nefarious as the US fielding a team.

In the same way the US is competing in almost everything, but hey, they do it for the love for their country but Chinese they are damn commies! And that's rong.
What they said. Jetsetter, take your petty nationalistic vendettas and conspiracy theories back to the Political Discussion thread where you can keep asking people if this is the change they were looking for.

Why do the Chinese compete in curling? Why does anybody compete in curling? It's perhaps the biggest non-sport ever, the most pointless human endeavor since the pet rock. I've played it and I can't fathom why anybody else would, much less compete on an international level. Whether they were manufactured from a Chinese test tube and trained in secret underground Olympics bunkers from birth or not.

Dude, curling is awesome, though you've got to skip (or at least third) before you really understand how awesome it is. I'm not just saying this because it's the only "sport" I'm halfway decent at.

Dude, curling is awesome, though you've got to skip (or at least third) before you really understand how awesome it is. I'm not just saying this because it's the only "sport" I'm halfway decent at.

Can't be that hard to sweep a broom or throw one of those discs. :tease: :D

Can't be that hard to sweep a broom or throw one of those discs. :tease: :D

Throwing rocks at other rocks so the rocks bounce the other rocks away rocks. It actually takes skill, unlike summer games crap like throwing a metal ball - that's not skill, that's who's the strongest and can throw at an angle of 45 degrees.

I also think curling rocks a bit. Shame we didn't get a team for these games.

But hockey is what I'm going to follow and it's on now! Glorious nation of Belarussia takes on Winland. :D

Speaking of falls, our gold medal contender in cross country sprint got thrown out of fast corner during practice and similarly to the luge, due to the organizers' incompetence fell down a 5 metre gorge and busted up her ribs. Have these people ever heard of safety railings???

After she managed to qualify to the quarter finals she's back from the hospital with no broken ribs, fortunately, and managed to obliterate the rest of her group on the way to the semi finals, probably with pain killers up the wazoo. But you can still see she's in agony. :(

Throwing rocks at other rocks so the rocks bounce the other rocks away rocks. It actually takes skill, unlike summer games crap like throwing a metal ball - that's not skill, that's who's the strongest and can throw at an angle of 45 degrees.

Having been a curler in my youth (i feel really old now), i can tell you it's not easy..

Hey, if they're good enough to win gold and beat the other teams, then they deserve it. Don't be a jealous turd just because your team lost or something.

You don't become the best in the world at something unless you truly love what you are doing!

Last edited:
Congrats to Norway & Marit BJOERGEN for Gold in the Women?s Individual; (classic) Sprint cross-country. The qtr & Semi finals were really hard but she looked awesome. :thumbsup:

.. and now another chance to see Clock's pic! :lol:

Edit: I :heart: US downhill skier Lindsey Vonn.

lindsey_vonn_6.jpg

Congrats also to USA on the Women?s Downhill win by ^ Lindsey Vonn plus second with Julia Mancuso on a difficult course with many competitors DNFs / crashes or finishing at a cruise with terrible times after a big mistake. :thumbsup:

The organizers are doing no friends fast. Everyday there's another screw up, today two. Firstly this morning as mentioned Majdic fell down a hole due to sliding on the very icy morning snow. No net in sight, despite the huge drop and the rocks down the side. Then the downhill is run with only one rider allowed a full practice run, resulting in an extremely uneven race and several nasty crashes. In a WC situation, that race would never have been ran during those conditions. Feels like the organisers are paniced and unable to get a grip on the situation.

Last edited:
Shaun White: You're a talented snowboarder, but get a damn haircut, you look like a middle aged woman.

pretty much what my parents said when they were watching it. "He's good but he really needs a haircut."

Every goal Canada makes is pushing ladies hockey further away from the next olympics. It's feels like the world championship in bandy.

World Championships

The Bandy World Championships for men were first held in 1957 and then every two years starting in 1961, and every year since 2003. Currently there are 13 (WCS 2008) countries participating in the world championships. The participating countries vary from year to year. Finland won the 2004 world championship in V?ster?s. All other championships have been won by the Soviet Union, Russia, or Sweden.

Last edited:
Every goal Canada makes is pushing ladies hockey further away from the next olympics. It's feels like the world championship in bandy.

Let's be fair, the US - aka, the only other team - ain't helping either.