Vancouver Olympics Games thread

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia & Fabia
As they say, second place is a first place loser...

And did anybody notice yesterday, at the women downhill, there was a banner in the crowd that said 'More cowbell'! I lol'd :)

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Petra Majdi? just came back from more extensive examinations, which showed that she sustained 4 cracked ribs in the fall, one of which PIERCED HER LUNG! This has effectively ended her season and confined her to a hospital bed for the next few months.

This is the woman who managed to win Bronze. There aren't many things that make me flabbergasted but this is one of them. Stuff like this only happens in Holywood!

Here's the only vid I can find about the crash. 5 metre (10 foot) drop into a stream filled with rocks. She broke both poles and a ski in the fall too.

[YOUTUBE]Nto-5EzKifA[/YOUTUBE]

And here's some photos of her struggles:

:|

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
That's insane. But when she came back from medical checks yesterday they said she was fine!
No wonder she passed out afterwards.

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Mostly my feet, occasionally a Tesla
The Swedish ex-cross-country-star and expert commentator Per Elofsson suspects that the Russians Nikita Krujkov and Alexander Panzjinskij, who won the men's sprint yesterday ahead of Petter Northug, might "on something". He says that baring in mind the Russians current track record here, which is five cross-country-skiers and and five biathlon contenders last season and this, he's getting a "bad feeling about it"...

Swedish Sauce

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
It looked a bit iffy but if we look at the times some of the semi final heats were actually faster.

Koenig

Dude, curling is awesome, though you've got to skip (or at least third) before you really understand how awesome it is. I'm not just saying this because it's the only "sport" I'm halfway decent at.
I dunno bout you guys, but this is why I watch curling :p

2Billion

Car(s)
'10 Toyota Matrix XR
And as for your last line, considering the shit I've heard from a lot of Canadians over the last year about my hockey team, your country deserves to be shit on. And you sound exactly like a lot of those jackasses.
Okay, fuck you, seriously. If you're going to go on about a country "derserving to be shit on", remember that you're American, and there has been a lot of cocky bullshit attributed to American athletes and spectators. If you're going to go on about a country "deserving to be shit on" you need to be aware of just how much of a jackass Americans can be. Hell, remember how 2002 in Salt Lake City was bought with bribes.

That is not to say that all Americans are bad - Lindsey Vonn? Class act. Shaun White? Truly grateful for the win, to use examples from yesterday - but you can't say an entire country deserves to be shit on if your country isn't exactly innocent of the same problem.

Last edited:

Plissken

You know, for a sport that prides itself on being counter culture and individual, snowboarding really does suck a lot of corporate cock.

And I don't just mean Scott Lago, although he was the worst by leaning into the camera while waiting for the scores and and saying "I did it all with my new Franz* headphones".

*Sounded like Franz.

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon
And as for your last line, considering the shit I've heard from a lot of Canadians over the last year about my hockey team, your country deserves to be shit on. And you sound exactly like a lot of those jackasses.
desert geek with a sandy vagina, it is logical. :lol:

motogpboy

Car(s)
2006 WRX
Nobody likes to see Canada bashing go past the stage of harmless teasing so I will say this;

Canada has probably the most insanely hot women on the planet. Absolutely batshit crazy, completely psycho, and the most frustrating women on Earth who respond the least to reason, but absolute foxes. I know, I found and kept one of them from Ontario.

So here's to you Canada for giving me the girl I'm absolutely nuts over. She's tall, has dark hair, very fair skin, and can ski circles around me which is something I don't find here in California. Oh...and thanks for the maple syrup too.

And... freezies and timmy's.

P.S. And Canada...I am your buddy, friend.

Clockwerk

Forum Addict
Sven Kramer you crack me up. I wish more athletes would treat lazy journalists like this.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIkgCbljJys[/YOUTUBE]

2Billion

Car(s)
'10 Toyota Matrix XR
I'm betting she asked that to organize her recordings, though a smart person would say "I'm talking to Sven Kramer, who just won the gold medal for the Netherlands, [question]."

I say this as someone who has asked many retarded questions in his time.

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
Fantastic run by Tora Berger there in the women's 15km individual @ biathlon... and also coming off the back of THAT run in the pursuit: perfect shots... erm... shot her some 25 places up the order.

Last edited:

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Petra's condition is stable, they'll be removing the drainage tube tomorrow. She was lucky the Pneumothorax didn't kill her... :|

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Mostly my feet, occasionally a Tesla
Fantastic run by Tora Berger there in the women's 15km individual @ biathlon... and also coming off the back of THAT run in the pursuit: perfect shots... erm... shot her some 25 places up the order.
Yay... Gold #100 for Norway in the Winter Olympics... :D :banana:

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
A medal after nearly falling to death yesterday, that's strong.