Vancouver Olympics Games thread

You mean gold #100. Congratulations Norge!

Could the US curling skip be a bigger choker?

Could Shuster be any louder? When he shouts you can actually hear the veins on his neck popping. HUURRRRRY HAAAARRRRRRRD

Martin and the Canadian boys don't do much talking, it's pretty much just "Oh yeah, yep, put er right there. Give er." and meanwhile the other team is having an in depth discussion.

Excited about: the strong Canadian ladies are coming up soon in the 1000m. Men's long program tonight, come on Patrick Chan, don't mess up tonight! Also, skeleton starts tonight.

A member of the Canadian ladies curling team is apparently from around where I grew up. I don't recognize the name, but I wonder if I'll recognize the her.

Last edited:
watching the Womens Half Pipe Snowboarding and two girls charmed me immediately with their smiles and more importantly the eyes... such a sucker for those eyes.
Buaas_1128626c.jpg

Linn Haug of Norway
Hannah_Teter_crop.jpg

Hannah Teter of the US

Anyone know if it's possible to buy the jackets the Canadian ski team is wearing? I likes them.

Right-oh, now the slalom heat of the women's super-combined.

A medal after nearly falling to death yesterday, that's strong.

Outstanding by Anja Paerson after yesterday?s crash, well done to her & Sweden. :cool:

:lol: at Julia Mancuso?s celebrations in the finish area and grats on her second sliver medal

Well deserved gold for Maria Riesch, well done also. :thumbsup:

I read an article in the Globe the other day about how one of Canada's women curlers is over 5 months pregnant.

Okay guys

1. The OBS intro is epic
2. Skeleton is completely mental

addendum
3. Evgeni Plushenko (pronounced with an Plushenka as everyone knows)

http://img638.imageshack.**/img638/3492/interview.jpg
http://img638.imageshack.**/img638/8148/vladimirputin20.jpg

Last edited:
Could Shuster be any louder? When he shouts you can actually hear the veins on his neck popping. HUURRRRRY HAAAARRRRRRRD

That's because they're Americans. They have to be loud and make people think "WTF?"

(see, I can rip on my own people too).

LYSACEK!!!!! :bow:

Last edited:
Grats Oz. And if she stays consistant tomorrow it's looking like the UK's first medal will be a gold in skeleton.

So Patrick Chan didn't do it for us, but, hey, he's only 19 and still got fifth against all the older more experience guys. In Russia he's going to be a monster.

Canada's still undefeated in curling, both men's and women's. Woot.

I still can't believe Evan Lysacek won gold. I can't imagine how he feels right now! Fantastic performances by everyone but the best won.

One of the British women is leading the womens "sliding head first down a hill on a tea tray" after two rounds.
Thank god for obscure events no other countries care about.