Vettel or Lewis? which one is faster

Cracking youtube video, thanks for that!

Track conditions were:
- Mostly dry apart from a couple of corners
- 'Greasy'

Apparently Lewis took a few liberties but nothing beyond reason.

Without driving it there's no way to know how differing tracks react to being wet though. Some tracks lose basically all grip if there's even a drizzle, some tracks barely lose any grip depending on the surface, how much rubber is down, and how much water/where that water is. I've been on track when it was completely dry except for one small puddle on the exit of one corner, and the lap times were worse by 1.5 seconds.

Yeh have to agreed that Alonso and Lewis are the two fastest and most aggressive F1 driver today. really love to see if they race in identical condition.

they did, in 2007, both in a McLaren, and Alonso could barely keep up...

Personally, I feel Lewis would disappear into the sunset given an identical car to Vettel. Hungarian GP is proof enough of this, Vettel didn't get his usual lead and got dusted off within four or five laps. He never could mount a charge, either, every time his crew got him back out front he got passed again. IMO, his success is more due to the machinery than the man, there's no denying the RB7 is a blisteringly fast car.

Personally, I feel Lewis would disappear into the sunset given an identical car to Vettel. Hungarian GP is proof enough of this, Vettel didn't get his usual lead and got dusted off within four or five laps. He never could mount a charge, either, every time his crew got him back out front he got passed again. IMO, his success is more due to the machinery than the man, there's no denying the RB7 is a blisteringly fast car.
2008 Monza, suck on that for a while.