(Video) Midterm Report - Team Finalgear

Mischief007

Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
Ha, made you look!! :p

No, video is done. I just have to re-encode because I missed one person's name in the beginning of the video.

I will put the video on youtube but where would you like me to upload the 200 MB video to? I usually will go to filefront.com if nobody has any problems with that.

Video should be up in about 14 to 20 hours from now. It is currently 1 am and I really wanted to finish it off before going to bed.

()@&*(*&$ @ Mischief... thought I could see some LFS action, been a long time :lol:

But can't wait for the great work as usual by Mischief :D

Filefont is ok I think, you don't have many alternatives. Yousendit, rapidshare etc 100mb limit, so you'd have to split it there which is no good on rapidshare with the x hour wait inbetween downloads.

Looking forward to this, it's been a while since the last FG video. :)

edit: ha, good timing. :mrgreen:

Perfect timing :D. Took an hour to upload.

MXM and ESPNsti are currently up for best roll of the series with a slight edge to ESPNsti :p.

Thanks to Burnsy though for the replays since that's where I downloaded most of them from. One too many DNFs for me this year :(.

CRASHFEST! :D

Good stuff, but to be honest I'm not a fan of black frame. Top and bottom are not that bad, but left and right is huugely irritating for me.

EDIT: I had other massive roll in SO with landing on wheels in second to last lap or so. Don't remember if you captured that, gotta recheck.

It's crashgear again. :)

Too many rolls and collision guys, too many! :p

Good to see some FG video again. One tip from me would be to include some more fight scenes, I think this season is pretty competitive so there were a lot of close finishes and overtakings which would be worthy to include. ;)

Those weren't all the crashes :ph34r:.

I took a lot of them out and was trying to keep in some more fight scenes. But as you can see, crashes took over again.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I will work on it :).

I know what you mean, it's incredibly time consuming (and boring) playing through all videos to find good fights. Crashes are just so much easy to detect, so they tend to accumulate :)

good video :lol:
I had some good battles with pete first 2 races. Maybe a fast forwarded onboard shots.

@mxm. I guess you can look at the statistic graph. And see where the lines are close together for x amount of laps. You know the lap number aswell.

Yeah, FF, pdanev said the same. But crossing lines are logged only once a lap, doesn't really tell you how much fighting was there. It's a clue, sure, but finding crashes is still a lot easier.

There are 2 graphs. 1 is updated each lap, but the second one is updated at each split section.
2007-10-27_14.38.57_rpr.png

You can see that pdanev and mine line are very close together in the first 5 laps.

Ok, that can be helpful for top-racers. Quite often the rest get cut-off (like epp_b on your example). Although that probably means he didn't do much fighting in that race anyway :)

I had other massive roll in SO with landing on wheels in second to last lap or so. Don't remember if you captured that, gotta recheck.

You indeed did capture most of it :)

But here it is anyway in it's full glory:

[GVIDEO]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1216160110885362763[/GVIDEO]

That happened in second to last lap :) I did finish and got my points :p

Yeah, that was quite the crash.