Viper powered Challenger

well this time, it's not a full-on, show car-type hot rod. like i quoted, its fitted with the Viper suspension as well as Wilwood front and rear discs.

so those "it can't turn" replies will be quite retarded. those will be the people who don't know how to click on a link lol.

Fitting the IRS from a Viper doesn't neccesasarily mean that it'll handle well. You still have weight distribution, chassis rigidity and front suspension issue to deal with. Don't get me wrong though - I don't care how the thing handles, I still think it's friggin awesome.

Wow........I bet thats alot of fun and the car is super clean (despite being yellow, which I hate). However, that engine just doesn't look right in the engine bay for some reason. Looks too modern or something. Other then that its a very cool build, especially if it works up to spec (you never know with show cars, could just be bolted in there without really trying that hard).

JH

Seems I'm going against the tide here - but for me a V8 belongs in that engine bay, not a V10.

care to explain why? the least you could do is give us a reason why you don't like it.

I've never been a fan of muscule car design. I've always seen them, and I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone, as big boxes with huge engines. I don't like boxes, I think there's more to designing a car than that...

...and I've always loved the look of the Viper. Well, aerodynamic efficiency doesn't hurt either. :p

I see they have lots of innovative and different ideas that they nor anyone else have tried before.

Sorry i shoulda provided a link for that... Charger

There is a Viper powered PT Loser... which thankfully they didn't make.:lol:

i have to agree with fbc and electric-mayhem on this one. the viper engine in that engine bay looks wrong. i mean, i'm all for power and everything, but c'mon there's gotta be an oldskool big arse v8 under that bonnet with all chromy bits and pieces. also the viper engine sounds quite different to the v8 burb that i would expect.

nevertheless i like that car. the looks are just awesome - never mind the color. i'd prefer a shiny darkblueish / blackish exterior for it, but even lime green with black would work... i don't care how it handles - it is a muscle car after all, if with new steroid muscles :p

It is sort of a nit-picky complaint, but why did they leave the valve covers in red? It throws things off from a purely fashion standpoint!

i have to agree with fbc and electric-mayhem on this one. the viper engine in that engine bay looks wrong. i mean, i'm all for power and everything, but c'mon there's gotta be an oldskool big arse v8 under that bonnet with all chromy bits and pieces. also the viper engine sounds quite different to the v8 burb that i would expect.

nevertheless i like that car. the looks are just awesome - never mind the color. i'd prefer a shiny darkblueish / blackish exterior for it, but even lime green with black would work... i don't care how it handles - it is a muscle car after all, if with new steroid muscles :p

Chrysler 440 is more than capable of pumping out 500hp+. A warmed over 392 or 426 hemi will have no trouble belting out well beyond 600.

well. that most certainly will definitely do! :D

Chrysler 440 is more than capable of pumping out 500hp+. A warmed over 392 or 426 hemi will have no trouble belting out well beyond 600.

It's true, the horsepower ratings back in the 60's were WAY under-rated (for insurance purposes). With the new crate motors, now exceeding the displacement of the 440, such as the 472 cubic inch hemi have been rated nearly as high as 800 horsepower, though they are "rated" by chrysler as much less.

oh my lord

what a machine!

This may possibly be the stupidest post ever... But the SRT engine will get more than a 1/4 mile to the gallon. :p

Last edited:
I thought this was going to be in a new challenger until I saw the pics

so....

im not sure what to say, lol

It's true, the horsepower ratings back in the 60's were WAY under-rated (for insurance purposes). With the new crate motors, now exceeding the displacement of the 440, such as the 472 cubic inch hemi have been rated nearly as high as 800 horsepower, though they are "rated" by chrysler as much less.

I wasn't talking about how they run when modified, or properly rebuilt by an engine builder with tighter tolerances and better cams etc...

Many of these engines didn't have the rpms to make the hp, they were all built for torque. I doubt, after you account for changes in hp measurement, that they are near or less than the official rating. With some minor exceptions (rare special editions/homologation specials etc...) from all manufacturers.

Seems I'm going against the tide here - but for me a V8 belongs in that engine bay, not a V10.
The V10 is cool, but there is nothing like seeing a genuine Hemi V8 complete with giant valve covers under the hood of a real Mopar.

The V10 is cool, but there is nothing like seeing a genuine Hemi V8 complete with giant valve covers under the hood of a real Mopar.

It's the sound for me. The V10, while lumpy, is to smooth sounding. I've always felt that (modified) American, especially muscle, cars sound should remind us of that scary monster that kept us awake at night for fear of having another nightmare of it.

Plus a vintage Hemi just looks so damn good, same goes with the 440 6 packs, or anything with a tunnel ram. Hemi + Tunnel ram > anything with plenums. It also doesn't help that when I see the Viper v10 I see Lamborghini's failure to gain significant power out of a pushrod engine. :p

I've always felt that (modified) American, especially muscle, cars sound should remind us of that scary monster that kept us awake at night for fear of having another nightmare of it.

:nod: Yep - lumpy idle, and a sound that makes small children hide behind their mothers.