Ownership Verified: Viper's 2001 Ford Mustang GT

Looks like a nice buy. Also, why is a balloon doing the driving? :p

Put a 5.0 in it. Now.:D

Your 2001 GT isn't "bone stock." Bullitt wheels made their first and only 2001 appearance on the 2001 1/2 Bullitt Mustang. They became standard issue on the GT Premium in 2002.

Bullitt Mustang Bullitt wheels are a slightly different shade of gray than the accross the board 2002+ Bullitt wheels supplied on GT Premiums.

Last edited:
Ohhhhh nice ride! Congratulations! :D

Good choice, very nice Mustang. :thumbsup:

(Enjoy, have fun & so forth ...)

The shift is certainly a little wonkey, especially being offset since I'm so used to the Corsisca (which I now realize is surprisingly decent), but I'm holding off on mods for now. Will keep it bone stock for a little while and then look into mods. :)

Don't both modding too much power wise. Those 4.6s are a joke and total turds when modding. Get the handling dialed in (if you're into that), a nice axleback exhaust and some gears (best mod for a 2v).

Congrats!

The position of the shifter looks like it's much too far forward. It looks like I wouldend up slamming my knuckles into the center console whenever I went into 1st, 3rd or 5th...

I've driven a few, and it is as god awful as it looks. You really do feel like you are going to punch the console every time. Not too mention you have to reach too much for it, causing you to sit funny.

POWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! :jc:

Not much of it, more like power. :lol:

Not without the car having a crisis.

Last edited:
https://pic.armedcats.net/v/vi/viper007bond/2011/07/31/75783f140a0a0002013a13243e161963.jpg

I see they're upselling you already :p. Nice catch!

Did they let you keep that big red balloon? :p

Congrats! :D Looks good in red.

My dad pointed out to me how red it looks in those photos. It's much more of a metallic burgundy and it looks way better with the darker red. I'll get pics. :)

1. Re-read what I said, "most" cases.
2. I was speaking about N/A. Boost can make anything look good.

More sour grapes from the "But but but but why didn't anyone want our superior F-bodies?!?!?!?!" segment. :p:mrgreen:

Not at all, but at least you admit they are superior. :p :lol: I think an S197 would have been a great choice, new edges suck balls.

Not at all, but at least you admit they are superior. :p :lol: I think an S197 would have been a great choice, new edges suck balls.

Nope. I'm quoting the F-Body Fools who say that. :p All I have to say about that is that if it was so completely superior, why didn't it sell? :p :mrgreen: :evil:

MY2001 F-body sales, all versions: 42,131 Camaros, about 31,000 Firebirds/TAs.
MY2001 Mustang sales, all versions: 158,106 V6, GT (V8) and Bullitt models, 7251 Cobras.

Last edited:
Nope. I'm quoting the F-Body Fools who say that. :p All I have to say about that is that if it was so completely superior, why didn't it sell? :p :mrgreen: :evil:

You act like I care what the general public buys. I will buy what I want, which isn't a Prius or a completely homosexual Miata or a gutless 2v mod motor that doesn't respond to mods for shit. IMO, which is the only I care about, new edge interior is shit, shifter placement is a huuuge problem, not enough torque, somewhat ugly, blah blah blah. We can argue opinions all day, but in the end, I don't care really. He wanted the more Viper like car, I suggested which I believe to be. And this my last post in this thread that isn't on topic. Feel free to get the last word in.

Sorry Viper. :mrgreen: Back to the Rustang and on to the burnouts! :)

How to make a bitchin' Mustang:
Step 1) Obtain previous Mustang model's concept diagrams
Step 2) Obtain ruler
Step 3) Use ruler to straighten stupid curves
Step 4) Profit!

Always liked these better than the retro-designs.