Ownership Verified: Viper's 2001 Ford Mustang GT

Looks superb, looking forward to the video. :)

Want me to post a quick tutorial for cutting up clips in Premiere?

Oh, cannot wait for the video. Hope there's some WOT in there! :D

BTW, have you discovered anything you will need to get done mechanically or cosmetically yet? Those (if any) usually pop up after about a week. :D

Watch in HD obviously. :)

BTW, have you discovered anything you will need to get done mechanically or cosmetically yet? Those (if any) usually pop up after about a week. :D

My uncle pointed out that the brake fluid was black so he recommended I have it all flushed and replaced. He also recommended rotating the tires since the fronts were looking a little rounded.

Reactions: TC
My uncle pointed out that the brake fluid was black so he recommended I have it all flushed and replaced. He also recommended rotating the tires since the fronts were looking a little rounded.

Tires HAVE to be round...silly Viper007Bond. As well. Black brake fluid? What the fuck? How long hasn't that been changed?

The ultra wide angle makes it seem slower.

Also, that wind noise is still horrible. I'm not sad I got the dictaphone with a 10x better microphone than this.

Also, that wind noise is still horrible.

Indeed but it's to be expected. I mean I had the windows down and it sounded worse than that to my own ear. :p

I saw one video once of a convertible recording like this. I think it was an MX-5 or an S2000. The microphone was in the passenger footwell and there was almost no wind noise.

Indeed but it's to be expected. I mean I had the windows down and it sounded worse than that to my own ear. :p

I find that to be the case with my helmet mount rig - stick a separate recorder on the outside of the helmet, get the same wind noise.

I do find the noise much reduced or indeed almost gone even without a Micover when I attach it to the side of the bike on the engine guards.

As for the black brake fluid, it probably hasn't been changed since the car was new and someone's stopped hard with it repeatedly.

Oh, I'm also probably going to swap out the stock 6 disc stereo for one that can play music off my iPhone. No way I'm going to start burning CDs again. :)

Last edited:
He also recommended rotating the tires since the fronts were looking a little rounded.

Seriously, buy four new tyres. You're on some weird el cheapo rubber that now appears to already be worn? :hammer:

Swapping the worse tyres to the rear is no good idea, the better rubber needs to be there for stability.

Congratulations!
The 99-04 Mustang is also on my list for an additional fun-car. Looks good, has a decent amount of power and it's (compared to others) cheap - perfect combination. :)

Seriously, buy four new tyres. You're on some weird el cheapo rubber that now appears to already be worn? :hammer:

Swapping the worse tyres to the rear is no good idea, the better rubber needs to be there for stability.

Yep, seems that most experts say the good tires always go at the back, regardless of drivetrain.

I wouldn't swap for an aftermarket one on that car. It's actually a pretty decent Pioneer rig. Give me a sec, I think there's an interface kit for it.

Edit: Yup, there is, here's an article on how to do it: http://chetstrebe.wordpress.com/201...iphone-interface-with-speed-sensitive-volume/

Here's the link to the interface: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581PA11F1/USA-SPEC-iPod-Interface.html?tp=120

Also, updated post above to include article detailing installation.

Oh, awesome! Looks like I have a project now. :)

Tons of tread left, etc. I'll post pics and let you guys decide.

Congratulations!
The 99-04 Mustang is also on my list for an additional fun-car. Looks good, has a decent amount of power and it's (compared to others) cheap - perfect combination. :)

Thanks.

Last edited: