Ownership Verified: Viper's 2001 Ford Mustang GT

My dad pointed out to me how red it looks in those photos. It's much more of a metallic burgundy and it looks way better with the darker red. I'll get pics. :)

I love that red much more than the bright fire engine red (*see my SVT's color). The darker red really brings out the sweet lines of the New Edge, and gives it a more muscular look versus a lot of the other colors available like white, yellow, silver and that bright "Infra" red.

Nope. I'm quoting the F-Body Fools who say that. :p All I have to say about that is that if it was so completely superior, why didn't it sell? :p :mrgreen: :evil:

MY2001 F-body sales, all versions: 42,131 Camaros, about 31,000 Firebirds/TAs.
MY2001 Mustang sales, all versions: 158,106 V6, GT (V8) and Bullitt models, 7251 Cobras.

Give it up Spectre, he will always be blinded and closed minded. :D This is like Ferrari owners saying Lamborghini sucks just because they have slightly less performance for less money. Bullshit.

Fact is, I'd rather have the Mustang V8 in any trim vs the Camaro. The only 4th gen Fbody that I REALLY like is a WS6 Trans-Am and only in certain colors. I'd still take a 2001 Cobra or 2003/2004 Mach 1 over that though. I'm tired of Fbody lackies bringing down the rest of their brethren with their propaganda.

1999 Ford Mustang GT
260 hp @ 5,250 rpm
300 ft-lbs. @ 4,000 rpm
Curb Weight: 3,200lbs
0-60mph: 5.4s - 5.6s (various sources)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
305bhp @ 5,200 RPM
335tq @ 4,000 RPM
Curb Weight: 3,400lbs
0-60mph: 5.2s - 5.5s (various sources)

Again, I'm tired of his ilk and all the anti-Mustang propaganda stating that "2V's suck" when it's clear they do not suck. His precious Z28 Fbody with its superior power numbers only manages a few tenths quicker on the 60mph and maybe half a second on the ?mi time. If the Fbody would of been around in 2003 the SVT Cobra would of waxed the floor with it. As it is the Mach 1 gives the '02 4th gens a run for their money with significantly less power.

Down here in this latitude, cars with the E9 paint code appear as pretty much the color in the first picture set - due to the brighter sunlight.

Nothing wrong with that, I rather like Laser Red on that car.

Yea, too bad we don't have more cloudy days. Laser red looks wet when not in direct sunlight, its a great color. I'd like to snag one myself if I cannot find the charcoal grey.

Last edited:
Give it up Spectre, he will always be blinded and closed minded. :D This is like Ferrari owners saying Lamborghini sucks just because they have slightly less performance for less money. Bullshit.

Fact is, I'd rather have the Mustang V8 in any trim vs the Camaro. The only 4th gen Fbody that I REALLY like is a WS6 Trans-Am and only in certain colors. I'd still take a 2001 Cobra or 2003/2004 Mach 1 over that though. I'm tired of Fbody lackies bringing down the rest of their brethren with their propaganda.

1999 Ford Mustang GT
260 hp @ 5,250 rpm
300 ft-lbs. @ 4,000 rpm
Curb Weight: 3,200lbs
0-60mph: 5.4s - 5.6s (various sources)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
350bhp @ 5,200 RPM
335tq @ 4,000 RPM
Curb Weight: 3,400lbs
0-60mph: 5.2s - 5.5s (various sources)

FTFY. GM Underrated the LS1 cars like crazy to avoid comparos with the Corvette.

See below:

01Bullitt_Article2c.jpg

FTFY. GM Underrated the LS1 cars like crazy to avoid comparos with the Corvette.

See below:

View attachment 4775

:lol:

I knew that, I left it out simply to avoid the inevitable argument from him. This even makes my point even stronger since that quoted power was for the SS not Z28 anyway. :D The SS was "rated" at 325bhp anyway according to some magazines of the period.

Last edited:
:lol:

I knew that, I left it out simply to avoid the inevitable argument from him. This even makes my point even stronger since that quoted power was for the SS not Z28 anyway. :D The SS was "rated" at 325bhp anyway according to some magazines of the period.

SS or Z/28 despite being rated differently, did not differ much in actual output, usually in the ~320 to the wheels range.

EDIT: By no means is this meant to ridicule your car Mullet001Stang :p I'm just tired of the misinformation put out there by the anti-GM crowd.

Can we please not start up with this shit again? I bought a Mustang, not a Camaro.

2v 4.6's can run hard!

I lied, I'm back.

Nope. I'm quoting the F-Body Fools who say that. :p All I have to say about that is that if it was so completely superior, why didn't it sell? :p :mrgreen: :evil:

MY2001 F-body sales, all versions: 42,131 Camaros, about 31,000 Firebirds/TAs.
MY2001 Mustang sales, all versions: 158,106 V6, GT (V8) and Bullitt models, 7251 Cobras.

Since you edited after I posted, figured I'd respond.

Do you buy a car because it ticks the boxes you are looking for, or because the public buys a lot of them? That's really all I need to say. Guess you are desperate to be a conformist.

Coming from a Corsica, an old man pushing him in a wheelchair would be more powerful :p

:lol::lol: I seriously got a good laugh from that.

Blinded and closed minded? :lol: GTFO. You obviously don't know what you are talking about. I drool over Ford GTs and I would shit in my pants every day for a year to own one, even over a ZR1. I like many, many different types of cars. Everyone has things they prefer, mine usually come with a certain pushrod engine. :mrgreen: "Modability" is a big deal for me, and a 2 valve (among being unpleasing to my eyes and other issues), cannot tick that box. As I've said before, if I didn't need to worry about gas mileage for work, I'd probably pick up a 3v or if I had the money a new 5.0 for a DD.

Ignoring the ricer magazine numbers racing, you say "fact is" but it is only a fact for you. Opinions differ, lots of people fall on both sides, and others fall outside of those bounds. I would never fault someone for buying what they like. Buy the best car for you, not the best selling, fastest, etc. Buy a car because you will enjoy it, not others.

Please tell me what this propaganda is you speak of.

Again, I'm tired of his ilk and all the anti-Mustang propaganda stating that "2V's suck" when it's clear they do not suck. His precious Z28 Fbody with its superior power numbers only manages a few tenths quicker on the 60mph and maybe half a second on the ?mi time. If the Fbody would of been around in 2003 the SVT Cobra would of waxed the floor with it. As it is the Mach 1 gives the '02 4th gens a run for their money with significantly less power.

To you they may not suck, but when I leave them a bus+ behind, they suck, among other reasons. Precious F-body? :lol: You said it, not me. I loved the car, but would rather have a C6 10,000x over. It ticked more boxes than anything else at the price I was looking for and I enjoyed the hell out of it. There have been less stock 13 second 2v's stock LS1 F-bodies in the 12s. That tells the story right there, forget 0-60 when one car can blow the tires off and the other just leaves with a squeal. Also, Mustang transmission are geared great for low end, but once in 3rd + the lack of power, the LS1 RUNS away.

Any decently driven F-body still leaves a Mach at least 2 cars behind. Anything smaller and drivers are not equal...but that's part of the equation in the real world.

Can we please not start up with this shit again? I bought a Mustang, not a Camaro.

Sorry, had to.

2v 4.6's can run hard!

Boost can make anything run hard.

(Why aren't there any exploders doing this?)

Look, the "New Thread" button exists for a reason. Go make a thread about Mustang vs. Camaro if you're that passionate about it. I'm not against the discussion of the subject in the least, I just want you guys to stop derailing this thread. ;)

I'll allow them to do that if they wish to continue, or bring it to PMs. I don't bite. :D

Now where are some damn videos of the car in action?!

Now where are some damn videos of the car in action?!

I did a really fun drive coming home yesterday, but forgot the GoPro at home (I had planned on only doing freeway driving). Leaving for over a week starting this weekend, so I'm going to try to get some video tonight. :)

Also, follow Quiky's new rule and stick the gearlever through the paper with your nickname on it. :p

I have to say that's a very nice finish on the paint, must have been detailed recently. Just promise you won't get all obsessed about cleaning and polishing it like that other dude with a Lazer Red Mustang.

Also, follow Quiky's new rule and stick the gearlever through the paper with your nickname on it. :p

That's a really good ass idea!

Vids or ban! :lol:

Working on chopping up the 30 minute video I made. :)

I have to say that's a very nice finish on the paint, must have been detailed recently. Just promise you won't get all obsessed about cleaning and polishing it like that other dude with a Lazer Red Mustang.

Yeah, the dealership detailed the hell out of it of course. I keep it garaged, etc. and washed some damn bird shit off it, but I'm not going to obsess over it. It's a used car -- there's some scratches, etc. Then again though, there's nothing wrong with keeping a clean looking car. :)

Hurry up with the editing Viper... can't wait to see :D

And some of you, go outside. Please. Find someone, get laid :p *sheesh*

$9500. Good fun for the money.

:lol: It kinda is, but then again it is a 10 year old car (style, etc.). Seats are comfortable though!

Don't knock 10yr old car interiors :p Mine has aged well and still feels like new.

Congrats on the car tho, big improvement :D