Ownership Verified: Viper's 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (A 17+ Year Dream Come True!)

Found some carpet squares to stick under the tires.

I also converted my car into a plug-in hybrid:

:p

Since the car has no grill pieces (it'd restrict airflow), I can just run the cable through the front bumper and onto the engine block + jump point (the battery is under the trunk) and then close the hood. :)

Last edited:
WANT!

:rofl:

That is so ridiculous that it goes all the way around the scale and becomes awesome again.

i haven't used a battery tender on my car and i still even have the stock battery in it. lol. i might do it this year though. i just start the car till the thermostat opens and run it for a few minutes after that every 2 or 3 weeks. i do make sure i have the gas tank full before storage and put a small bottle of stabil in it. i do put the parking brake on and put the car in neutral when i run it to get the fluids moving around the trans also. if there is a nice day during the winter when the salt is washed away by rain i drive around the neighborhood a bit.

i also do the carpet squares. i don't like putting jack stands on the suspension parts for that long since it has no sturdy jack points on the suspension parts themselves that i can use to have the car in the air and still have the suspension under load. you are not supposed to leave it on jack stands with the suspension unloaded in storage either. the suspension is designed to have the cars load on it and its not good to have the struts sit at full stroke for long periods of time. so you are better off on the ground anyways.

The Battery Tender helps save the life of the batter in the long term since it means you aren't power cycling it and I think Vipers are a bit power hungry during storage. Plus it makes sure it starts right up in the spring.

I forgot about Sta-bil, I need to buy some and add that. The gas has been in there about a month.

I left my truck unused for about a three months (five if you exclude a ten minute ride) the battery was shot and needed replaced when I started it a couple weeks ago. It was an old battery, but it still not a healthy thing to do even to a good one.

everyone has had cars sit forever and they "work fine" afterward.. that doesn't mean it's the proper thing to do :p

I left my truck unused for about a three months (five if you exclude a ten minute ride) the battery was shot and needed replaced when I started it a couple weeks ago. It was an old battery, but it still not a healthy thing to do even to a good one.
Pretty sure lack of use is what has killed the Triumphs' battery. It's a pain in the arse storing a car, they don't like not being used. :lol:

Last edited:
I have a Optima battery in my car -- I'm not really worried about the battery itself, more my car draining it. I can turn the key a bunch of times and put it into a low power mode (they knew people would store it over winter) but since it's on a tender I didn't bother.

there is a lot of hate for optima's on my other car forums. i myself had my optima red top crap out in less than a year on my truck. i think i am going to get an Odyssey battery for the Charger next year. they seem to be the one getting all the praise now a days i guess.

Last edited:
I have a Optima battery in my car -- I'm not really worried about the battery itself, more my car draining it. I can turn the key a bunch of times and put it into a low power mode (they knew people would store it over winter) but since it's on a tender I didn't bother.

Why not just disconnect the negative terminal?
I take my stock battery from my 04 Cobra in the house every winter and
it fires up every spring. My garage is heated and I still bring in it the house.

Why not just disconnect the negative terminal?
I take my stock battery from my 04 Cobra in the house every winter and
it fires up every spring. My garage is heated and I still bring in it the house.

I could but I'd rather keep the battery topped off and the car isn't a huge fan of losing power. Nothing drastic but it sometimes throws some error codes.

Mostly it's just a "why not?". It doesn't get below freezing that much here and my garage is under an apartment and backs up against a hill so it stays quite warm in the winter and cool in the summer.