Vodka!

colddayin-hell

I was surprised to see the lack of a vodka thread on here.

Who else here likes vodka? Both pre-mix and straight.
What are your favourite brands/types as well?

Personally I don't get pre-mix, I just get either Absolut or Stolichnaya and either drink straight, or mix it.

I feel for a sub-forum about food and drink (which has a long beer thread) that a vodka thread would also fit in nicely.

Discuss.

Vodka is a nice allround drink. You can mix it with just about anything, so it?s perfect for several people to share if you?re buying a bottle at a club or something... Russian Standard comes to mind, or Absolut, or Skyy, etc...

Just had close to a bottle of Stolichnaya and o.j, damn that shit is recommended for when you've been rejeceted!

I haven't had straight Skyy, but premix was quite nice, went down in a matter of seconds.

Surely there's more fans of vodka on here, come on all you Eastern Europeans! lol

Mhmmmmmmmmmm, intocinovationf!

intoxication, i duwnno lol

I'm going to order a bottle of Kalashnikov, simply for the AK-47 shaped bottle. I don't know how good it is, being mixed with what is essentially sugar water, but I'm sure I can put up with it.

http://img212.imageshack.**/img212/8176/kal2byw3.jpg

is the vodka-redbull mixture so popular all over the world as it is here?
it sure goes down smoothly :D

i hate red vodka though, much to sweet

last year i went to poland, and had some glasses of subrowka
zubrowka.jpg

(that's a straw of grass in the bottle)

that tasted so good, it had the feel in your mouth almost as a liquor, not as liquid as normal vodka

I'm going to order a bottle of Kalashnikov, simply for the AK-47 shaped bottle. I don't know how good it is, being mixed with what is essentially sugar water, but I'm sure I can put up with it.

http://img212.imageshack.**/img212/8176/kal2byw3.jpg

Damn I want me some of that haha.

Only the very best for me:
1204728132-Koskenkorva_Viina_38p_1LTR.jpg

I've had grey goose, vox, effen, pearl, 42 below, ketel one, stoli, belvedere, chopin, ciroc, absolut, skyy, starka, svedka and then the normal cheapshit brands. Effen and Grey Goose are really nice.

I?m not a Fan of Vodka in general (I seem to get really bad Headaches from most Vodka-mix Stuff/Longdrinks with Vodka) I?m more of a rum guy (or liqueur) ... but for Christmas I got a nice Bottle of Russian Standard ... and I have to say, that?s not bad. Certainly my favorite Vodka so far ... miles better than Absolut Vodka or Smirnof. IMO.

Russian%20Standard.jpg

Last edited:
As a russian i can tell you - vodka cocktails are gay. Mixign vodka with anything in a glass (even ice) is a crime against humanity.

There are 3 proper ways to drink vodka:

1. 0,25l vodka, 2 beers, 2 Red Devils (optional), jar of pickles, french loaf, mayo or sauce (to put on a bread) and a little bit of Salami or Smoked sausage.

2. 0,5l vodka, steak (meat) with mashed potatoes, jar of pickles and/or marinated tomatoes, a tin of Herring in mustard, wine or onion sauce, some dark bread and any salade with mayo.

3. 0,75l vodka, pickles, marinated tomatoes, boiled potatoes, meatloaf, Herring, soused apples, soup (Borsh), filet minion or shish-kebab, caviar (preferably red), Russian Salade and anything else you want except seafood.

Also there are some hardcore methods:

1. 0.5l and a jar/bag of pistachios.
2. 1 liter and 2-3 toffee(s).

And General Rules:
Do not drink alone, do not drink together with your girlfriend, (wanna get girls drunk, invite more ppl), never drink cheap vodka, do not eat cheese with vodka, do not under any circumstances forget the golden rule: 1 bottle is not enough, 2 bottles is too much, 3 bottles is just fine.

Last edited:
I usually make my own Vodka.. Does that count?

I usually make my own Vodka.. Does that count?

Of course that counts, as long as it's over 43% alcohol, preferably 45-47 and not the kids "Happy Meal" type of vodka that's sold outside of Russia, which is 37-40.

Me me me me me me!!!!

Love the stuff, it's my poison of choice. Not a premix fan at all, I much prefer to do it myself. Simply straight is also good, especially taking shots with a big group of people. Mixing vodka and Redbull is the only thing that'll make me drink Redbull, otherwise I hate it. Vodka makes it aallll good.

Pants... this has made me remember that there is no alcohol in our house, and I have no monies!! Even the stupid cheap fruity wine left over from NYE that I don't even like is gone! :cry:

Of course that counts, as long as it's over 43% alcohol, preferably 45-47 and not the kids "Happy Meal" type of vodka that's sold outside of Russia, which is 37-40.

According to the ppl who knows shit 38% is the optimum level of alchohol in Vodka. Don't know why though. I usually try and hit the 90% proof level..

According to the ppl who knows shit 38% is the optimum level of alchohol in Vodka. Don't know why though. I usually try and hit the 90% proof level..

According to ppl who invented it, and who's national drink vodka is, it's not :lol:

In Russia yo? simply won't find a 38% (or is it 37%) one, it's made only for export. It simply doesn't have the bite.

Last edited:
If Vodka contains less than 37,5% alcohol it's not Vodka..

I have been to the Vodka Museum in Moscow, and it was actually Dmitrij Mendeleev (the guy who invented Vodka as we know it) whos said that the should be no more that 38%. And higher levels should only be used in Vodkas that are meant to be mixed with other stuff... And the classic russian vodka are rated at 40%.

The invention of this vodka is connected with the name of the famous chemist D. I. Mendeleev. The scientist had been searching for the ideal volume and weight ratio of alcohol and water for a year and a half and after having solved the problem published his findings in his doctorate dissertation ?On Combining Alcohol and Water?. Mendeleev's conclusions were appreciated and successfully applied in alcoholometry and vodka production. In 1894-1896 the national standard for vodka was established and the state monopoly on vodka that gradually spread all over the country was introduced.

Vodka museum!!!