Vote rig: Guardian best TV show of the noughties

upyourego

Car(s)
Learning to drive
The Guardian are running a poll trying to find the best TV show of the noughties and Top Gear currently has 1.5% of the vote.

The top two shows are currently The West Wing and The Wire - they'd both get a vote from me if I could as would The Thick of It, QI, Life on Mars, Flight of the Conchords, Doctor Who, Black Books and Spooks - but you get to vote for one only.

So it went to Top Gear.

Code:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/poll/2009/jul/28/best-tv-show-noughties

Last edited by a moderator:
Up to 1.9% now, but gonna need lots of votes to beat some of those shows.

In Private browsing session
paste link
Vote
Close

repeat as necessary.

Last edited:
Time to be brutally honest.

I'd vote for TG if I could make 2 choices. Humor is great medicine.
However...Spooks gets a slight nod from me.

Sorry...

Time to be brutally honest.

I'd vote for TG if I could make 2 choices. Humor is great medicine.
However...Life on Mars, Arrested Development, and Extras get slight nods from me.

Sorry...

Also, if anybody votes Family Guy, I'm going round to your house and punching you in the dick. (Even if you're a girl.)

Last edited:
I voted TopGear, but I might vote again for The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
;)

It's a really tough choice and quite an annoying one, as most of the shows on the list are American. I voted for TG of course, but I don't get why people love The Wire.

What the hell is The Wire ? Also voted for TG

Read on my friend, btw, The Wire is rated 9.7/10 on imdb, which is probably the highest rating I've seen there. Does anybody here watch the show? I've never seen an episode and I'm curious whether it's worth to wait for my 24GB download of the whole series :D

My vote is in. TG up at 2.5% now.

Last edited:
sorry, as much as i enjoy Top Gear. The West Wing always holds a special place for me and i had to vote for it. Problem also is there's a lot of quality and decent tv shows on there. Arrested Development, Battlestar Galactica, The Wire (seriously, anyone who hasn't seen it really should give it a chance. It really is that good) and Firefly. These are all shows that each deserve being there on their own merit. Other shows like Buffy, Family Guy, 24 and South Park (seriously i love South Park but i don't class it in a league with Top Gear and other great shows) don't really belong up there.
Like another poster said, anyone who votes for Family Guy will most likely end up down the sights of my sniper rifle.

Yeah, as much as I religiously follow 24, I still don't think Jack Bauer stands a chance with Jeremy Clarkson. And how the hell did Buffy, South Park, Family Guy and (depending on which country you live) Big Brother get to be in there?

Although, I must say, it's a variety of shows that I never expected to be in the same poll.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Seriously? Get voting guys!

Top 5 at time of post:

The Wire - 12.6%
Top Gear - 10.9%
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 8.9%
The West Wing - 8.6%
QI - 6.7%