Vote rig: Guardian best TV show of the noughties

Okay, I think it's time for everyone to abandon this stupid idea. It's not necessary to win this poll.

moy0518.jpg

I shall fight to the end! Or rather, let my computer fight to the end...we're catching them at about 0.1% Every 5 minutes. In the wise words of Jonathan Legard, "That's not enough".

I've just made the mistake of reading a page of comments on that poll.

I didn't know Guardian readers were really such sad sacks with no sense of humour who slam anything that is even slightly un-PC.

Top Gear is trailing by around 80,000 votes atm but we are gaining at around 0.2% for every 0.1% The Wire gains, but I just don't think there is enough time to catch up I'm afraid. :cry:

But if anyone would like to join in, send me a PM and I'll forward you the multivoting script.

I've just made the mistake of reading a page of comments on that poll.[...]
... I?d like to share some of this ...
If Top Gear wins I'm leaving England..which will be hard as I live in Ireland, but leave I shall.
Nowhere to run I?m afraid ... we?re everywhere ... :p
So the attempt by TG fans to gain some street credibility by claiming a large proportion of them read the Guardian, seems to be tailing off now. So when you see a dirty old man in a rally jacket leaving your local newsagents with a motoring mag rolled up in a copy of the Guardian, give him a knowing wink and a smile.
Street "cred" and reading the guardian in one sentence ... WOW. Talk about bending reality :mrgreen:
As for Top Gear being behind it, shows who sad Jeremy Clarkson is, that he feels the need to justify his narcissistic needs by attempting to rig a poll (I mean it is obviously who is being referred to here when you say that there is vote tampering going on).
Apart from the little mistake he made there, he actually seems to think J Clarkson gives a **** about an internet vote ... :rolleyes:
top gear in the lead. shambolic really. cant believe its been vited for by so many. its just 3 men pratting about with cars.
Wich (as far as concepts goes) might be a simple one ... but one that works. Can?t say that about 95% of the Rest that?s on telly ...
Jesus wept at Top Gear having 45%
He had a crisis ... I know, I was there.

And to save at least a bit of the guardians honor:
I think you're right actually. I hate cars, Clarkson and Hammond but somehow I love Top Gear
:thumbsup: well done sir, you are the one-eyed man among the blind.

But if anyone would like to join in, send me a PM and I'll forward you the multivoting script.
As for the results ... there are multiple ways to "clean" the database afterwards ... the simplest way will be limiting every IP to only 1 Vote. Can be done quite easy afterwards ... if they logged them propperly. They could also try to sort out all "foreign" IPs ... but I don`t think they will because of the british forces around the globe.

But to be honest ... I?m guessing that they won?t bother with any of that because it means work and looking into things (just like they don?t do with their stories) and just take the results of the vote before the mass-voting began, no matter how many thousand people they will be excluding this way ...

Last edited:
1 hour to go, it's looking really tough...but I shall persevere!

Last edited:
As for the results ... there are multiple ways to "clean" the database afterwards ... the simplest way will be limiting every IP to only 1 Vote. Can be done quite easy afterwards ... if they logged them propperly. They could also try to sort out all "foreign" IPs ... but I don`t think they will because of the british forces around the globe.

Thats assuming the Poll software is advanced enough to have recorded the IPs, it seems to me like it might not have recorded Ip's because if it had deleting the multi-votes would have been easy and could have been done a while back.

I think that's it guys...we came second...

The poll closes at 2pm Gmt so we have 50mins

It's done. We lost by 1.5%. We should have started this voting marathon earlier than last night :p

I think we would've won if my internet wouldn't have suddenly crashed yesterday evening (it started working only just)