Vote rig: Guardian best TV show of the noughties

I just love how this forum rigs a vote about every 3 months. I keep being surprised when it works lol.

I take on board all of the comments above, and only voted once myself because:
a) I don't know how to get my PC to vote for me multiple times
b) I can't be arsed to do it manually
c) Part of me would like TG to won fair and square but since the QI fanbase (smaller than TG obvioulsy) is doing the same thing then why not. As one of the mods on the site said in his comments it just goes to show how good we are that we can mobilise in such a way.

All of that aside it has been really heart-warming to read many of the comments on the poll and to be reminded that there is a whole tofu-knitting, hemp-smoking, sandal-wearing bearded stratum of society up whose nose Top Gear gets and will continue to do so.

c) Part of me would like TG to won fair and square but since the QI fanbase (smaller than TG obvioulsy) is doing the same thing then why not. As one of the mods on the site said in his comments it just goes to show how good we are that we can mobilise in such a way.

you make it sound like Final Gear has a militant arm. The FGA, tree hugging liberal peace smoking hippies need not apply.

Reactions: MWF
All the raging comments on the poll make me chuckle if anything tho.

I take it you've all seen the message that has appeared at the top of the voting page.

Monday 2pm: we are aware that there has been some *ahem* multiple voting and we are investigating how to eliminate this. In the meantime, please keep voting - legitimately

Are the guardian trying to be faintly amusing? I suppose there's a first for everything.

Are the guardian trying to be faintly amusing? I suppose there's a first for everything.

There was also a comment;
My - busy weekend on this poll & blog.

So far, we've learned that Top Gear has the best organised & most committed online fanbase. Followed by QI, apparently - although the waters may be muddied here by TG fans also multiple voting for QI to cover their tracks.

There was also a comment;

My - busy weekend on this poll & blog.

So far, we've learned that Top Gear has the best organised & most committed online fanbase. Followed by QI, apparently - although the waters may be muddied here by TG fans also multiple voting for QI to cover their tracks.

that does sound a bit conspiracy theory-ish. next they'll be accusing us FG forum members of being on the grassy knoll, faking the moon landings and that our base of operations is Area 51.

that does sound a bit conspiracy theory-ish. next they'll be accusing us FG forum members of being on the grassy knoll, faking the moon landings and that our base of operations is Area 51.

Which it clearly isn't. It's here....
MenInBlack_HQ.jpg

Yeah, stop with the vote rigging already. Watching Rick Astley win the European Music Awards was one thing, but there's a series of excellent contenders here alongside TG that are equally deserving of the win. Even most of the posters in here have voted for something else, which reiterates that statement.

Excellent. TG and QI in the lead. At least if all else fails, we've made the guardian do some extra work, isn't that what life is all about?:mrgreen:

Also, thanks to whoever the jackass was that negrepped me for trying to ensure our tracks were covered. Why don't you sign your stuff next time instead of wussing out?

TG is slipping now as we have stopped voting for it, while QI and The Wire fans have started mass spamming votes for their shows.

To be honest I think if it had been one of those shows who were first to the mark with Bot-Voting there would have been no where near as much emorage from the Guardian readers. Also I doubt either of those show's fans are worried about giving their show/fans a bad name because unlike Top Gear, QI and The Wire don't get bad press for breathing in the wrong direction.

Oh wow, not checked this for a couple of days and we're still over 20% clear. I'd assumed the Guardian staff would have cleared the multi votes by now, or at least that The Wire would be multivoted ahead.

Comments continue to amuse.

I've cast my single vote for TG, but after developing multiple facepalm syndrome after reading some of those comments a few days ago, I didn't bother to read the latest crocks of dung that are being posted under the assumed name of "comments".

The poll closes tomorrow and the results will be published on Thursday. My guess is that if they have found a way to delete the multiple votes, they will do so after the poll has closed.

Which makes me wonder that if so, are they are going to count at least one of the votes I cast and again if so, whether it's the one for Top gear, for The Daily Show or for QI. ;)

The poll closes tomorrow and the results will be published on Thursday. My guess is that if they have found a way to delete the multiple votes, they will do so after the poll has closed.

Which makes me wonder that if so, are they are going to count at least one of the votes I cast and again if so, whether it's the one for Top gear, for The Daily Show or for QI. ;)

depending on how they log hits to their site (such as how much of the uri is intact), they can easily grep their logs for repeated IPs on the success page, and even check for consistency of time (easy method to tell robotic activity).

course, the tricky part in such, is places that are NAT'd, like offices and universities (that go through one IP).

Reactions: h-p