Vuk is gonna be gone! :(

roos said:
I have to vote to keep the TG rips @ 700 also. Not only do I prefer them that way but I think its rather nasty to take something thats already been encoded and then compress it again.
Then you can get the original 700mb rips from elsewhere and problem solved.

pdanev said:
roos said:
I have to vote to keep the TG rips @ 700 also. Not only do I prefer them that way but I think its rather nasty to take something thats already been encoded and then compress it again.
Then you can get the original 700mb rips from elsewhere and problem solved.

Yeah this discussion has nothing to do with the size of videos we will release. I also don't see a problem with the reduction of the 700mb files to 350mb, it's been done before and the quality is similar to the regular encoding. I also am not really opposed to waiting a week to get the VUK rip, so I say just release them all when VUK gets back.

takes long enough for VUK to upload 350MB on a UK connection, imagine him having to upload 700MB!!

n00bs just don't get it, this is why this forum isn't democratic.

350mb reencode here we go. Nice move Viper! :thumbsup:

Remote Desktop / VNC

Remote Desktop / VNC

Guys, just a thought - but considering you've both been doing this for quite some time, and presumably trust each other with your lives, and because I can't wait until the 26th.. Vip, I reckon you should setup a VNC session to VUK's computer and re-encode while he's away; then VUK can change the password or disable the service when he gets back home..

Or am I just being selfish in wanting to see tg around airing time =)

applemaomao said:
I think the H.264 codec is the best way to solve the problem, and Apple's QuickTime 7 Player is fully support the H.264, :thumbsup: The feature of H.264 is higher quality video at lower data rates. There are more details @ http://www.apple.com/quicktime/technologies/h264/
Search the forums for H.264 as it's been brought up before. The answer it: not a chance in hell. QuickTime is junk. ;)

AHHHH, we don't need to solve problems we don't have.... VUK won't be around, that doesn't mean that he will change release sizes, it doesn't mean that codecs are going to change, it doesn't mean that the sun will crash into the earth... This forum definitely has ADD :p

I have to say, I love the 350 rips because my playstation can play them!

I download it, and goto my mates house who doesnt have a computer, and play it on my moded ps2 perfectly!

The 700meg rip Just freazes on my playstation...

And yup, im sorry i cant wait for TG :D as long as there will be a 350meg release... anywhere! ill grab it!!

wow... this forum went really n00b for the few months ive been gone...
glad to see that ren and viper have hit the 9000 post mark...

i know that the problem has been solved but is VUK still going to upload his rips and torrenting those or are we just going to stick with the others?

Torrenting and switching the links on the site to Vuk's once he returns. The scene rips are just for those who can't wait.

400mb?

400mb?

this topic was bought up earlier, but nothing happened of it apparently, but why aren't all rips done to around 400-430mb (to burn onto a dvd)? 10x350 leaves space for more, and 700x10 is too much. and i think the number of people who burn all the eps to a dvd are greater than those burning to a cd (ignoring those who leave it on their hdd's, till one day it crashes and they loose 15gb of tg eps :cry: ..... moi)

....had posted this as a new topic by mistake

So sacrifice those extra 5-600mb remaining on the DVD per season, won't make you go barnkrupt.

i'm one of the addicts that needs the weekly dose of TG, so even if there is a rip of 1.4 GB i'll still get it. so any size is good for me

keep the series alive with any kinde of rip/size, even with pixels :mrgreen:

Re: 400mb?

skulker said:
this topic was bought up earlier, but nothing happened of it apparently, but why aren't all rips done to around 400-430mb (to burn onto a dvd)? 10x350 leaves space for more, and 700x10 is too much. and i think the number of people who burn all the eps to a dvd are greater than those burning to a cd (ignoring those who leave it on their hdd's, till one day it crashes and they loose 15gb of tg eps :cry: ..... moi)

You're right in that probably more people are actually using DVDs rather than CDs these days, so we should think about it.

But that's a subject for another day and another time.

Viper007Bond said:
skulker said:

You're right in that probably more people are actually using DVDs rather than CDs these days, so we should think about it.

But that's a subject for another day and another time.

And another thread. I personally have given up on DVDs anyway, and rely on HD backups of other HDs. It would take at least 15 DVDs to back up my media collection :-( 350MB is fine, and isn't at issue here.

Probably it would be a good time to think about it, as it is the start of a season (with 6 episodes, so 700 MB rips will fit in a single dvd).
But i'm one of the 350MB defending clan. The only 700MB TG I have, is a best of that Vuk didn't released. The only improvement I could admit was of sound, but it is simply great as it is. maybe 400MB could allow the better sound and slightly better picture.

Oh, and hokiethang, I have more than 15 DVDs just for mp3s. Burn them, you'll thank that some time in the future.

It does make sense actually to release this season as 700MB as bihus pointed out, that will fit onto a DVD nicely. But tbh, as long as I have you guys backing the eps up for me for whenever I miss em, I'm happy :D