VW to electrify bugs/T1/356

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Dude I've seen photos of you, you wouldn't fit. I'm 5'11" and I had to drive my CRX with my ankle keeled over even with the seat all the way back.
I’m a nominal 6’ and I can fit into and drive a CRX just fine - assuming you mean a first or second gen CRX and not the Del Slow that was blasphemously sold as a CRX in the rest of the world. I have also seen taller men and a few women do just fine in one.

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
DONOR
Car(s)
'19 BMW M240i
I dunno man there are a lot of em in the salt belt with a ton of electrical issues. Hell my Audi had a bunch of TSBs for electrical issues.

@MWF VW electrics are so commonly faulty that it's become a meme, not unlike Mustang crashes
View attachment 3556182
They should have swapped their flower more often.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
I just like the idea of a very light weight and fun car with a bit of style and a modern electric powertrain for running around town. Almost all my driving in town is within the range of and electric car with lots of room to spare. It would take the strain off the X and allow it to be the recreational vehicle and a more dedicated overlander.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, an electric conversion Honda CRX would be pretty fun.
I'm so about an electric Squareback. 1.6L rear engine air cooled is nice and all but this would work every day with a lot less maintenance.