W. Chump & Sons Reliant Robin company cars

Chibouki

Car(s)
Volvo
Well like Red Moon reported it, Reliant Robin is the new W. Chump & Sons official car.

So?????

That sounds promising.

It is why I open this thread for the Reliant Robins adventures (If there is).

By the way I love those wheels...

Last edited:

TopGearNorthAmerica

Car(s)
2007 Honda Civic LX Coupe
Why does this sound like they're recycling a gag on "living like a Northerner" (as reported in the Richard Porter book AND ON THAT BOMBSHELL)?

speedyvespa

Car(s)
Range Rover, Porsche 911 T, Mini Cooper S, Audi TT
It does kind of make one wonder though: a good portion of the comedic appeal of the BBC series worked because of the idea that they were underfunded, slightly crap, ramshackle and underdog, fighting against the ratings of Call The Midwife from a portacabin in the middle of the field. Kind of difficult to lean on that school of comedy once we all know they have the riches of Croesus at their disposal.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
That's a very good point. It will be interesting to see if they can retain the magic. I know Roadkill has lost a lot of its charm of late since they now have sponsorship and more money at their disposal.

Tzarrim

Sure but roadkill's premise relied on them being "broke", not so much here.

Cowboy

My name is Sheridan
It does kind of make one wonder though: a good portion of the comedic appeal of the BBC series worked because of the idea that they were underfunded, slightly crap, ramshackle and underdog, fighting against the ratings of Call The Midwife from a portacabin in the middle of the field. Kind of difficult to lean on that school of comedy once we all know they have the riches of Croesus at their disposal.
"Tonight! Richard finds out of you can really diamond plate a car, James crash tests the new Gulfstream jet , and we buy tree used Veyrons to have a demolision derby! "

RedMoon

They could make fun out the fact the programme is on a streaming service on the interwebs so they've lost some or most of their audience because people don't know how to use it or find the show online on some "obscure" website. Or the show is still slightly crap because they are bumbling idiots and after having to start their own production company from scratch they overspent on the setup costs, rent, office suplies, salaries etc. so don't have much left over for the actual show budget.

Last edited:

Tzarrim

Still doesn't change anything, in the end they're both old pieces of metal that are outdated, wasteful and unsafe to use. Just because one is deemed to be silly and has a small following while the other is said to be looking great and more people like it doesn't make any outrage any less silly. "It's ok to laugh at what I don't care about but don't you dare laugh at what I like" :)

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Still doesn't change anything, in the end they're both old pieces of metal that are outdated, wasteful and unsafe to use. Just because one is deemed to be silly and has a small following while the other is said to be looking great and more people like it doesn't make any outrage any less silly. "It's ok to laugh at what I don't care about but don't you dare laugh at what I like" :)
Won't someone please think of the Steinways?

GRtak

Forum Addict

I really think of one car as a piece of art and the other as a kitschy thing. So it is sort of like burning a Picasso, or an Elvis on velvet. One is a genuine loss.

Tzarrim

I really think of one car as a piece of art and the other as a kitschy thing. So it is sort of like burning a Picasso, or an Elvis on velvet. One is a genuine loss.
Would you be ok if we'd burn a Mondriaan?