Wacky Races 6: THE RACE THREAD.

Jay

the fool on the hill
The Rules:

• You have to participate in order to finish.
  • You cannot be pissed off if someone blows you up, rams you off the road, etc. Remember, this is a silly race, so even your car being a smoldering wreck won't stop you. You can, for example, conjure up a spell, fix your car and continue (Or steal a new one.)
  • You cannot turn the thread into a flame war. Nobody wants that.
  • No images can be posted in the race thread, during the race. Everything must be done using your imagination. Afterwards, and in the registration thread, go right ahead.
  • Have fun, and be creative and funny in your posts. These threads usually turn out to be some of the funnier threads on the forum, so keep that in mind.

How do I be funny?

Some tips:
  • Consider throwing in some drawbacks into your car. For example, your car has 10,000hp. However, due to the weight, the handling has gone to shit, and you have to steer by bouncing off the other cars, a la Gran Turismo.
  • You can always dodge any attacks from other competitors, but why no let them actually hit? In fact, also consider random breakdowns, and funny solutions for both. (It helps, if you actually attack someone, not to say "I hit you," but rather say "I swerve to hit you." This gives the other guy the ability to make his own decision.)
  • Consider also describing the environment. Sometimes, it may feel as though the whole event takes place on a straight desert road. Throwing in something like a twisty cliffside road can help keep it interested. Also, don't be afraid to throw in something like a sudden snowstorm, or the route going through a mall. It's always fun when everyone goes off everyone else for what is happening.

Ready?

GO!!!!!!!!

So Rinzler starts the Lada Riva and launches, leaving all the competitors in a cloud of black smoke. He will have to pit in approximately 40min-1h due to tire wear, fatigue and fuel.

Last edited:
Participants:

*Karoug: VW Uni-Ball - Satan, Co-driver
*LeMans GTR: Audi Quattro Concept - Chell, dangerous, mute, lunatic co-driver
*Matt2000: Mazda E2200 Van - Marmite, disgusting co-driver
*Richmondgal: Holden Efijy - Scotty McDuckduck, Co-driver
*Momentum57: 1938 Phantom Corsair - Count of St. Germain, Co-driver
*Remizak: Reliant Robin - Tourettes Guy, fucking Co-driver
*Conan_murder: Volvo 244 Turbo - Cole Phelps, co-driver
*Topgearfanatic: Audi R18 - Kimi Raikkonen, co-driver
*LP: Tuk Tuk Boom Boom - Android Gandhi, Co-driver of non-violence
*Lupin IV: 1977 Mustang II Ghia
*xicedlovexoxo: Mercedes-Benz Blackbird - Richard Hammond, co-driver
*vikiradTG2007: Chris Harris' Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 - Chris Harris, co-driver
*NoNeedForAChestWig: Cobra tram - James Mays stripey shirt, co-driver
*PaperBiroKATSTEIN THE COMMUNIST PIMPKAT: Glorious Original Korean Fiat Knockoff - Maaaaatttt Daaaaaaammooooonnn!, co-driver
*93Flareside: 1995 Ford Bronco - The Count, educational co-driver
*lllllllllllllllllll: Holy war chariot TBD - Osama Bin Laden, co-driver
*Donington: Renault Sport Clio - Vitaly Petrov, co-driver
*lws1984: Bentley Continental S3 - Sherlock Holmes, because a coffee machine makes a shit co-driver
*mclarensmps: Headless Optimus Prime - Xzibit, co-drives while he co-drives
*Hbriz: Ford Falcon Wheelchair taxi - Tony the Yugoslav, co-driver
*Neutron: VAZ 2017 - Rinzler, co-driver
*MaTaR: Lamborghini 18-wheeler - Darth Stewie, co-driver

You got to participate to win!

Okay, we're rolling.
Now to adjust my watch for the 24 minute delay and scout for pedestrians I can kidnap as potential co-drivers.

After the delay ... I went to a pub ... And just when I arrive there ... The race started ... I run back to my Volvo and drive off.

Slowly sneaking in towards the start line sideways in a cloud of tire smoke... oh wait, I don't mean "sneaking", do I? Drop two cogs, tires bite, vroom goes the 4.0 and away we go.

I'm so stupid to taking this Volvo to the race! The acceleration is hopeless The steering is too damn heavy The ride is too soft and I'm looking like a Dork driving grandpa's Volvo.

However, Rinzler has failed to manage the first corner properly, so he gets off the track. The pack leaves him behind, he will have to rebuild momentum to catch up.

Glorious Original Korean Fiat Knockoff has left the line, and reached a massive 700 yards before breaking down in a cloud of smoke.

As we all know, the engineering of Best Korea is the greatest in the world. Therefore, this breakdown must be the fault of GOD AND GOD ONLY. O, how the divine gods be cruel.

Meanwhile, Robot Jong-Il is trolling around the complex with a hammer, attempting to sabotage any car that has not yet left the start line. He will join us at the next pit stop, if Glorious Original Korean Fiat Knockoff ever gets there.

This is what happens when I think that 3:00PM GMT is 11:00AM EST...

Fire up the Quattro!

GlaDos: You're not Gene Hunt

Me: Shut up.

And so we drive off but I'm lazy so on goes on the auto pilot and the decadence. Off goes all common sense. See you in the morning.

Weirdly enough ... Volvo is still running just fine ... The Turbo is spinning making a sound that Hamster would make when it get stabbed.

Another weird thing ... Cole Phelps is dead but his name still appears on the list!

I let you pass because my Volvo is too damn slow.

What's that noise?
*Pulls over and gets out of the car to find the vinyl peeling off the roof.*
Meh.
*Continues onward without making any repair.*

This start line is pretty quiet despite the number of cars. No time to think about that though, ShotHouse Racing is away from the line for 2012. As you may have read, the original car and co-driver are no longer with us (certainly the case with Marmite) so I'm not driving an Aston Martin Rapide. Even compared to the Mustang from last year this feels completely different.

It's running great, and I've found the button the gives me a chilled glass of bubbly. They really know how to build these luxury cars. The only thing I can't find is the fuel gauge, I hope that doesn't cause any problems...

Ok, Rinzler will take it as a friendly gesture.
So, time to get done with Vikirad and his GT3RS. Zhigulji is still 13 secons behind, could our glorious 4.0l V8 catch up with your pumped-up beetle?

Glorious Original Korean Fiat Knockoff is still broken. Upon inspection, this was due to someone filling the fuel tank with litres upon litres of Cognac.

"MAAATTTT DAAAAMMMMOOOONNN MAATTTT DAAAMMMOOOONN!"

"I know, Matt. It is very frustrating.

"MATT DAMON MATT DAMON MATT DAMON"

"Yes, I know you're frustrated. But I've got a plan. We'll fire a small nuke at the route, 50 miles from TBA Brothers Racing's current position. That will block the other cars and not harm us in any way in the process. We'll catch up, and the other teams will have radiation to deal with."

"MAAAATTT DAAAMOOON!"

"Good. Can you remember if we've radiation-proofed our car?"

"MM-"

"Actually no. Forget it. Let's just do it."

And thusly, a radioactive crater appears 50 miles from TBA Brothers Racing. According to KNCA state media, this was due to American Imperialists and once again, GOD.

well shit, late AGAIN!! I gotta stop drinking! lol yeah right!

- LUCY! WE ARE GOING NOW!! Wait what, we are already rolling?

- Yes i thought it was best to just get going. Since you were passed out, i just strapped you down..

- Kinky...

- Oh, stop it!

I know that sheer power of my Volvo will get me to the finishing line 15 hours after the race finish. So I have to use everything else other than excellence engine of my Volvo ... I've decided to use Marina's Rear Suspension and turn left onto the mountain pass ...