Ownership Verified: Wake me up once your turbo spooled up - Meet Scotty, D-Fence's supercharged Mini

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
Managed to get my 3D Printed magnetic phone mount shipped from UK before the inevitatble Brexit shitshow :).

Problem with the MINI is, you can't attach stuff to the vents and the windscreen is far away....so...

Neat. It has a hole so you can still press the button. Need to re-do the adhesive probably, due to cold it is sticking less than well.

Other than that, I havent driven it in a week due to business travel and won't drive it for another week, let's see if the battery can do it. I noticed the red LED for the alarm is in the indicator stalk, weird, but I like it :)

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
When you redo the adhesive, might not hurt to attack the thing with some sandpaper and a spraycan.

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
Yeah, thought about it, but then cba because phone is in front of it anyways. Plus, flash makes it look worse than it is.

Today's motto was ricing btw.

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
That phone mount is a clever design, nice use of space. I'll recommend a 3D printer to anyone and I've recently claimed another victim. :D What's the part made of? If it's ABS tidying it up will be much easier than with PLA, I've been sanding some PLA parts for several hours over the last couple of days and it's a pain in the arse.

The more I see the blue paint, the more I envy it. It's a cracking colour.

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
DONOR
Car(s)
MX-5 NC, Model 3
Slightly offtopic here :) But you really don't want PLA parts in the interior (or the exterior for that matter) of a car. They work well, but will disintegrate in direct sunlight and/or summer interior heat almost immediately, losing all shape. Gotta be ABS or PETG for actually usable parts.

That said, very neat little part, the guy definitely took his time designing it to fit perfectly.

loose_unit

DONOR
Car(s)
Zastava, MX-5, M140i, Pluriel, Equus
Slightly offtopic here :) But you really don't want PLA parts in the interior (or the exterior for that matter) of a car. They work well, but will disintegrate in direct sunlight and/or summer interior heat almost immediately, losing all shape. Gotta be ABS or PETG for actually usable parts.

That said, very neat little part, the guy definitely took his time designing it to fit perfectly.
That's great info to have actually, thanks :)

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
If it's ABS tidying it up will be much easier than with PLA, I've been sanding some PLA parts for several hours over the last couple of days and it's a pain in the arse.
How about some high build primer to fill in the gaps first?

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Cars with almost vertical hatches are a magnet for water and grime during rain, though.

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
I have been busy lately and - lo and behold - completed everything I wanted to do on the car besides the dent and paint chips in bonnet, which will b be done AFTER Roadtrip & Ringmeet for.......reasons. And I am amazed how cheap everything for this car is.

Out, first battery!

In! (70€, delivered)

Go away, winter wheels, hello Summer wheels with new Hankook Ventus V12s and fresh JCW Caps. Wheels are slightly scratched, but eh, who cares, they were included with the car (450€ mounted).

Out shoddy old Xenons (drivers side was pink already), in with new Osram Nightbreaker Laser Xenons (80€ the pair).

Yellow parking lights replaced with Blue Visions, same go killed the orange indicator bulbs for chrome ones. (20€ all 4 bulbs).

All that was left was some fun with the engine bay.

Bonus pics of JCW parts:

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
DONOR
Car(s)
MX-5 NC, Model 3
I approve of the tire choice. Have the Ventus V12 Evo2 on the NC, they are damn good for the money.

Also approve of the engine bay decoration :p

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
Those eyes are a nice touch, did you do it yourself or did someone else did it previously?

Saw the idea online, spent 5€ on ebay for a sticker pack.
There is a lot of weird crap for sale for MINIs :)