Ownership Verified: Wake me up once your turbo spooled up - Meet Scotty, D-Fence's supercharged Mini

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
if it's dazzle, I can combine it with my iphone and a character from that pony show to make it the single most hateful thing he'll ever see. :p

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Dazzled, pop, paint, week or sun? :p

Edit: I'm 99% sure it's pop so will be sure to pop to the shops to get him some Coco Pops and listen to pop music before I meet him for the roadtrip.
It is pop, but only in a sense of art, colour and shit like that. It's a go to word for people who have no idea what they're talking about.

It's part of a larger problem I have in linguistics with people trying to sound smarter than they actually are without learning anything on the subject and just making a fool of themselves.

WDWBen

Subaru Killer
Car(s)
2012 MX-5 PRHT
It is pop, but only in a sense of art, colour and shit like that. It's a go to word for people who have no idea what they're talking about.

It's part of a larger problem I have in linguistics with people trying to sound smarter than they actually are without learning anything on the subject and just making a fool of themselves.
That's a load of fwarbigarznle.

gt1750

Techno Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
2018 Ford Smacks, 2011 Alfa 159, 2005 Smart 44
So after getting to drive this Mini at the Ringmeet, I have to say this was probably one of the best moments I had behind the steering wheel of any car I've driven so far in my life.

It's jut so good, not scary at all, everything has pleasant heft to it (ok, the clutch was maybe a tiny bit heavier than pleasantly heavy). Power delivery is joyfully linear and instant, steering is quick, precise, and nearly free of torque steer. It really is a go kart for the road :love: I'm off to mobile.de...

Last edited:

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works

Also, some random impressions from Roadtrip and Ringmeet:

It behaved like a true champ on the 3700km of the roadtrip so far, not missing a single beat. Oil usage was lower than expected (~500ml), and the thing is a complete riot in the mountains and on the ring. Many people (I think over 15) drove it during ringmeet, and nearly everyone had a silly grin in the face (Except for Ivan and me after a certain not to be named but closely related to Ivan person drove it - we were slightly scared :p).