Want an FG Racing Zippo lighter or key fob?

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Had an idea this morning. With the shirts and caps being organised for this year's tenth Ringmeet I decided I might like a Zippo with the Final Gear Racing skull and crossed piston/camshaft engraved into it.

Here is said logo on a T shirt for any you may be unsure.....

http://www.redbubble.com/people/finalgear/works/8334757-motorsports-pirate

CraigB is willing to do the work but of course we would need an idea of numbers who might be interested before costing up. Plan would be to use a stock Zippo with plain, brushed silver finish and laser engraved so the logo lasts rather than commissioning Zippo to do custom paint which would wear off in time.

I suggest a deadline to order of July 15th so any required for Ringmeeters can be shipped to me in time to take with me.

Last edited:
As already said in the t-shirt thread, I'd be more interested in a keychain... or three.

I'm sure that can be arranged.

Post a couple of pictures of styles you like for people to look at.

I mostly vape now, but I still light up on occasion. If the quality is high enough I would be interested however.

I mostly vape now, but I still light up on occasion. If the quality is high enough I would be interested however.

Having seen CraigB's work there is no worry about quality. And a Zippo is a Zippo. I will mark you down as interested.

This is the model I was planning to use....

https://www.zippo.co.uk/classics/2249-classic-041689102050.html

Clean, simple and once engraved the design should stand out from the slightly matte main finish. Unless Craig advises otherwise obviously.

Last edited:
I love the Idea of a zippo, but since I have 0 use for one, I might go for a key chain.

QtrL1dH.jpg

That in black/grey with finalgear with gear shifter logo, would buy

I don't smoke but I do like shiny objects and I am a bit of a pyromaniac. If the price is right...

Also interested in keyrings. :)

QtrL1dH.jpg

That in black/grey with finalgear with gear shifter logo, would buy

I like your idea however the thinking behind the lighter and keyring is to have something that lasts, won't date, fray, shrink, get dirty etc. The FG Pirates/Racing logo is a really classic design, most FG members like it and will buy into it as a concept and if it is engraved, be that on a lighter or key fob, should last as well as being something one can use every day.

I'm putting in an for a possible key ring option right now and asking for costs and price breaks on various quantities. Will update in due course.

I've got several options for key rings too.

Well it is definitely preferable to keep it all "in house". Could you post them here so we can get a feel for a preferred design?

OK, lots of options from my vendors.

These use a small color plate that I engrave, then stick to a chrome fob:

Same as above, but doubles as a bottle opener.

These are a coating over aluminum, I've used these before. The coating isn't as durable as one might like:

These are a nice piece of wood stuck to a chrome fob. Wood engraves great on the laser engraver.

Then there are these leatherette fob, one doubles as a small wallet too.

so the Zippo is off the table then? what a shame.