Water only shock diet

I know everyone had already said it before but please god do not do this!

anyone can lose 5 pounds of water weight in a day then you'll just put it back on giving you a weight loss of zero...

You also claim that you have tried everything else and nothing works... how about trying harder?

anon neg repper said:
agreeing with ice = fail

Anyone would think that we're all trained dieticians. If you are a dietician or have any affiliation with the health and leisure industry, then by all means tell him he's being an idiot. If you're not, feel free to air your opinion, but dont slam me for having my opinion that's different from yours. Different methods work for different people, and who are you to say what's good for him? It could work, chances are it wont, but he's tried everything else so what is there to lose? If it fails, then he'll take it on board and try something else. There's nothing wrong with drinking only water as long as it is supplemented by some fruits and perhaps even a few veggies when it does come to the absolute crunch and you need to keep the iron content up. Do some exercise (nothing too stringent), and there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

Anyone would think that we're all trained dieticians. If you are a dietician or have any affiliation with the health and leisure industry, then by all means tell him he's being an idiot. If you're not, feel free to air your opinion, but dont slam me for having my opinion that's different from yours. Different methods work for different people, and who are you to say what's good for him? It could work, chances are it wont, but he's tried everything else so what is there to lose? If it fails, then he'll take it on board and try something else. There's nothing wrong with drinking only water as long as it is supplemented by some fruits and perhaps even a few veggies when it does come to the absolute crunch and you need to keep the iron content up. Do some exercise (nothing too stringent), and there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

I actually get to talk to a registered dietitian and the head of the nutrition program tomorrow, so then I'll have permission to tell him he's being an idiot?

His health?

just_do_it.jpg

Adding on a little bit to my previous post,

Try maybe replacing foods

For example, you could turn

Ice Cream - Frozen Yoghurt/Fruit Sorbet
Fried Stuff - Grilled Stuff (Not Sure about this One)
Red Meat - White Meat
Meat - Seafood
Sugar - Honey
Chips - Nuts

The most important thing however is to make sure that the stuff you're eating tastes good to you and is good for you because if you don't like you're food and you stop eating it and revert to your old habits, you're not going to lose any weight are you?

Exercise doesn't necessarily mean killing yourself, it means get active, play a sport, ride a bike or even play the wii or eyetoy, anything that gets you moving and gets your heart rate up will do.

well it's been two days without posts which likely means he's dead. Dibs on the carisma.

As someone who has some experience in this matter I think I can offer some advice which may help.

I was pretty fat at one point, I mean Jeremy Clarkson American stereotype fat, around 260 pounds at 5'8". Now I am around 155 lbs. I lost the weight in about eleven months using a system I came up with myself. Here is a run down:

First and Very important: Throughout the process I kept track of my calorie intake. You don't need to be anal, just keep a rough idea in your head. I try to keep my total intake around 1500 calories a day (more of course when I go hiking). This translates to roughly three meals. You don't need to cut out food, just make sure you don't go over 1500 calories a day. I did cut out ice cream and for the most part pop as they are essentially liquid/creamed fat.

Ok here is how I progressed:

First three months: I just watched my diet. I also had been walking to school several times a day from my apartment which helped with the exercise. Lost around 30 lbs.

Next five months: I hit a plateau around 230 lbs, at this point I utilized my University's gym. One hour a day, seven days a week, I exercised on the elliptical machines there. This is where I lost the baulk of my weight. I burned about 700 calories a day in that one hour. Lost around 60 lbs.

Last couple months: I hit another plateau around 180. I then started to also work on the exercise bikes as well. This worked new muscles which forced my body to spend more energy building them up. Lost around 25 lbs.

Here are the benefits of my method:
1) You lose fat not just weight. Meaning you will be fit and not suffer from having a lot of loose skin as you aren't losing muscle mass.
2) Exercising and eating within the ~1500 calorie a day limit will become a habit. This means you will keep the weight off, as you have changed your lifestyle to one which encourages you to be more lean.
3) As I mentioned before you will be fit. Being fit means you will feel better, and be able to do fun things like hiking and running.

I am not saying that your method is wrong, everyone is different, but this one worked for me. If you have any questions feel free to message me or post below.

Oh I might add that listening to podcasts/watching races helped with the gym. I only listen/watch them while working out, this helps encourage me as well as pass the time.

Last edited:
Well, i just weighed myself, lost 4 kgs already, but i did sin yesterday. The hunger got too much so i had a salad... :(

Darwin die-t ftw! This cunning plan will work!
jon1-005.jpg

I'm not going to mess with IceBone's brilliant plan, I'll just mention that my slow metabolism was a curse when I was a chubby kid... but since I've discovered weightlifting, it's been great. Basically, when you're a chubby person, you need not use supplements. I've gained around 50 pounds of muscle, and I look better than ever,
I eat a lot of food, without much regard for its calorie value. When I notice I gained fat, I just exercise a bit more, walk a bit more, and eat a bit less ( quantity ). I usually work out perhaps 30-45 mins. 4 times a week.
That's not that much of a sacrifice for looking fit and nice.

Having a lot of muscle mass also does this:

1. Visually, you don't look "fat" when you have massive arms, shoulders etc.
2. Technically, the more muscles you have, the more energy you burn. So, you don't have to work-out that much, and you can eat more.

Reactions: Jay
Well, i just weighed myself, lost 4 kgs already, but i did sin yesterday. The hunger got too much so i had a salad...
I'd say salad is unsubstantial enough that it counts as "water" ;)

Read argatoga's post very closely. He has some solid advice there.

Don't overreact guys, not eating for 10 days will not kill you. Its just no proper way of losing weight, main reason being that your body will burn your muscles very soon when you have no protein intake whatsover, and you will get back to your old weight later on when you don't change your eating habits _forever_. I was never overweight but I'm on a pretty healthy diet now (and that doesnt mean just plants and seeds, I eat completely normal), and I feel like I'm in a mentally as well as physically better shape now.

Apart from that, I wish you good luck with your experiment, but you shouldn't flee into cheap excuses for not eating properly ("It doesn't work").