Website layout messed up

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
For the last week to ten days I've been having problems with the forum, I am sure the problem lies somewhere on my side, and not that there is anything wrong with the site, but I don't know what to do. I have the latest version of Firefox.

Every time I enter the forum it looks like this...:

:(

forumissues.jpg

forumissues2.jpg

Your symptom is a non-loaded stylesheet.

Try the usual empty-cache-dance, the CSS loads fine over here.

Your symptom is a non-loaded stylesheet.

Try the usual empty-cache-dance, the CSS loads fine over here.

Yep.

Control + F5 and you'll be set.

If you have firebug, open it to the network tab and see if the stylesheet is loaded or throws an error.
If you don't, you can use wireshark instead or just install firebug.

When you have firebug open there should be several tabs - HTML, DOM, etc. - one of them is the network tab. It may need to be activated explicitly by right-clicking the tab. Once it's on and open you load the page to see the list of requests performed for the page. At least one of them must be for a CSS stylesheet file, and it must be either a 200 (OK) or 304 (Not Modified) response.

http://getfirebug.com/network

If using FireFox, press the Alt key, then select "View", then "Page Style", "Basic Page Style".

What do you get when you click my first link? It should start like this:

Code:
@charset "UTF-8";
/* CSS Document */

.bbcode_container {
	margin:20px;
	margin-top:5px;
	display:block;
}

That appears to be the root of your problem. In the firebug network tab it should appear under the All button instead of CSS with a potentially more helpful error message. Look for the request, it should be neither 200 OK nor 304 Not Modified. Expand the request with the little + button. Look for any info there.

Stupid question; Restarted your computer, checked your AV/Firewall, reset the router/modem..?

Stupid question; Restarted your computer, checked your AV/Firewall, reset the router/modem..?

I have tried all of those. No avail.

I have a laptop hooked up to the same modem, running the same antivirus and firefox. On that computer the site works normally. So I swapped the cables and modem port, nothing happened.

If I try in IE I get the same result.

Apart from this issue internet works fine and download speeds are normal.