The Stig: Weird Crush 2009...Anyone up for a Rig?

How long until the actual voting day? I'm excited! And I need to be sure that I can get in as many votes as possible when the time comes.

No idea. It's always possible they've got fed up with us and decided not to bother, though...

LOL I hope not! I nearly missed out on all this last year! But really that was my fault for not knowing what Top Gear was sooner.

Right, my sisters, my nieces, my mates in Oz & even my 82-year-old Dad have now voted for The Stig...:D

I still really want Andy Wilman for next year, he's funny, he's clever and he's not bad looking either (in a rumpled sorta way ;) )

I think I got about 23 legit votes. All different IPs. And I would go for Andy. I think he is my favorite of the team.

Doesn't seem like there's going to be a 2nd vote thingy does it?

I keep waiting and hoping...maybe they got so many votes for Stig that they're just gonna give it to him, LOL.

...nahhhhhh.

Results are in, and it looks like Derren Brown got it this time.

Next year...next year...

Probably discounted all our votes. Brown creeps me the hell out, I'd rather spend a weekend with all my exes and their assortment of perfect wives and batshit new girlfriends than ten minutes in a room with him.

Maybe they didn't want to count people with unknown identities.

Which might not be people at all. :p (Looks like they took Jezza's "facts" about Stiggie too seriously...)

Probably discounted all our votes. Brown creeps me the hell out, I'd rather spend a weekend with all my exes and their assortment of perfect wives and batshit new girlfriends than ten minutes in a room with him.

derren-brown1.jpg

He's watching you HeidiL...

:p

....Incidentally, where did you get this big ball of disturbing? The Heat site still seems to be accepting votes, and a search for 'crush' just gives a link to the 'we want your votes' page and some thing about a bloke getting his kit off. Damnit, I wish I wasn't 120 miles from my 'best of the Stig' DVD right now, I could do with using it as brainbleach.

According to DB's Twitter, he's after winning it. And someone else tweeted him asking him how he felt about it or something so there must have been some notification of it...

He said it was probably down to family members voting for him