Weird Dreams Thread

I tend to dream lucid quite often since I've started looking into psychonautics. Also nightmares and dreams in general affect me much less then before.

I am very curious to meet the first person who thought double jumping made any sense. at all.

While we're on the subject of video-game-induced dreams, I remember another one from when I was pretty young. I was basically in a Pokemon game, with all of my friends of the time. We were running from something, don't know what, when we came up to waterfront. It was a dark and stormy night (literally), and a giant Rhydon rose up out of the water with some random guy on his back and just slowly walked away out into the ocean.

That's all I remember, probably triggered when I learned that Rhydon can use Surf.

Which is odd for a rock/ground type, he is supposed to be quadruple weak to water /vgnerd

Double jumping makes perfect sense, because I am a talking raccoon with a cane and a paraglider or a tiny purple dragon with under-formed wings.

And you should see the moveset options in the DS games, it's freaking evil. OH HEY A LUXRAY, THAT IS ELECTRIC I WILL SEND OUT THIS GROUND TYPE
"luxray used icefang! it's super effective!
FUCK

Also, all hot dream guys cause waking up when I get within 3 feet of them. WHY CAN I NOT HAVE SEX IN MY DREAMS EITHER SFGKHDFKJHGKJDFGJ

After many dreams of needing to escape in the car and not being able to find my keys, I have always put my keys in my left pocket when awake so they will be there when I sleep.

About a week ago I had this dream where I woke up for work and looked at the clock and saw it was the normal time. Then I looked at my watch it said it was about a half hour later than what the clock said. I decided to verify with the laptop's clock and it gave me something completely different. I started to panic because I didn't know which clock to believe so I hopped on Google to try and find the time where I'm at and it brought back the horrors of research projects when you can never seem to find exactly what you want. Then I woke up feeling stressed out and pissed off.

For me I had dreams which impacted me for few days, But I cant remember them all. But the one I laught with my friends at was this:

So I was walking along my neighbourhood and saw The System Of A Down playing near my house (was a big fan of them at the time, very big), so I stopped to listen. I the guitarist just dyed, just fell dead. And they called me to take his place (at the time I was trying to learn to play a guitar too). So I was having a dream in a dream playing the guitar with my favourite band System Of A Down. Then just everything changed and I appeared behind my house and there was a sell-out of the thing the guitarist had, shoes, clothing, personal belongings and stuff, so I bought me a pear of shoes and this changed again... NOW I'M LOOKING AT THE WHOLE OF MY NEIGHBOURHOOD FROM MAYBE 100 METERS IN THE AIR, A BEAUTIFUL PANORAMA, AND GUESS WHAT, THE OLD SCHOOL GODZILLA COME IN TOWN AND STARTS TO RIP EVERYTHING APART, WIT ITS CLAWS, FEET ANT THE LASER BREATH AND I WAS WATCHING EVERYTHING FROM ABOVE. Then I woke up. :D

Last edited:
Has anyone ever had that dream where they were at work, but nothing unusual happens, just a regular day at work? That's happened to me a few times, and I hate it, for 2 reasons: 1, I'm dreaming and can do anything, so why dream about work; and 2, it always feels like I worked an extra day and throws my whole work week out of order.

^ That happened to me last night, probably as a result of working 12-hour shifts this week. It was one of the most realistic-feeling dreams I've had in a while.

don't you just hate when you don't dream anything, i mean anything and you wake up the following morning and you are angry because you just blinked and the entire night passed and you don't feel rested in any way

[define word="life"]don't you just hate when you don't dream anything, i mean anything and you wake up the following morning and you are angry because you just blinked and the entire night passed and you don't feel rested in any way[/define]

Fixed that for ya :p

It leaves you kinda empty so sometimes when that happens to me and I know I'm partly awake, I force a situation/daydream in my head to sort of have some closure.

I tend to dream lucid quite often since I've started looking into psychonautics. Also nightmares and dreams in general affect me much less then before.

When I was about 6 years old I had nightmares almost every night. Then one night in the dream I discovered I would wake up when I moved my eyes to the extreme left or right.
It gave me a strange sensation of two white moon sicles, which were somewhat fightful in themselves, but I now was in control. I never had a real nightmare since.

I dream lucid from time to time, and I always have a feeling of loneliness in dreams since some part of me always knows I'm the only "real" person.

Has anyone ever had that dream where they were at work, but nothing unusual happens, just a regular day at work? That's happened to me a few times, and I hate it, for 2 reasons: 1, I'm dreaming and can do anything, so why dream about work; and 2, it always feels like I worked an extra day and throws my whole work week out of order.

Those are worse than nightmares!

I hate having Deja Vu Dreams, where i do something in my Dream, then i will do it in awake. Like on the computer for example, in the dream, i would be looking at a specific site i've never been on before. Then while awake sometime on the future, i would be on that site, in the exact same way i was in the dream.

I'm not a very remembering type of person, so i usually foget buckets of stuff, but i allways seem to remember those specific Deja Vu Dreams, and when im doing that activity awake.

Last edited:
I've had this happen to me a few times lately....and I don't like it.

^ Anything with "hypno" at the start of it has great potential to be some bad shit.

That sounds scary :(

I've actually noticed now that I haven't had any dreams over the last few nights. I started back at college on Monday, and from Sunday night onwards I have been going to bed earlier, but tossing and turning until about 2 or 3. And then I end up being woken up abruptly by the alarm clock/cat.

I have a very brief memory of a dream from either Sunday or Monday night, all I remember is seeing some random blond boy :blink: Not as weird as being shot by a farmer or playing tennis with Hamster...but still a bit random, I think in the dream I was babysitting him or something...

Last edited:
A few months ago i dreamt that Blaro had conquered Europe. There were signs of him everywhere.

Okay...I don't really know how to explain this, ut the other night, I dreamt about...the number 27.:blink:

It was weird, I jusst dreamt of loads of different maths equations (shit ones that don't make any sense, I might add), and I could hear myself either thinking or saying, "27, 27, 27, 27..."

It was like living in A Beautiful Mind, but it made even less sense.

I hate having Deja Vu Dreams, where i do something in my Dream, then i will do it in awake. Like on the computer for example, in the dream, i would be looking at a specific site i've never been on before. Then while awake sometime on the future, i would be on that site, in the exact same way i was in the dream.

I'm not a very remembering type of person, so i usually foget buckets of stuff, but i allways seem to remember those specific Deja Vu Dreams, and when im doing that activity awake.

I've have those a lot, most of the times they occur in the time frame of around three weeks or so. The real life part occurs when I'm starting to do the thing I dreamt, then I remember and try to predict what happens next, I can't but then around one or two seconds later, the second part of the Deja Vu plays out and I remember the dream.

I dunno, maybe I'm mildly clarivoyant :blink:

woohoo, didn't have a vivid dream for the first time in nearly three weeks last night! I feel so awesome today :D apparently my medication has a side effect of really vivid dreams and I did increase the dosage about three weeks ago, so maybe I'm getting used to it now.

Wasn't really a dream, but I woke up suddenly the other night, and I started hallucinating that there were spiders all around my room coming towards me :(

It only lasted a few seconds, I may have still been half asleep or something, but it was really freaky...

*btw I am scared shitless of spiders*