Weird Dreams Thread

I had a weird but cool dream a couple of nights ago.

I don't remember how it started but it progressed to me owning a BMW M3 sedan and my sisters owning this old Mercedes, much like the one my Mum used to have. We were at this cow farm off a mountain pass at night and we were milking a cow though in hindsight, the cow was quite strange and I didn't touch it, god knows why. Something came up about pasteurization or homogenization of the milk so we went back to the cars to Google it. After a while we decided to leave. I remember for some reason, the car felt really heavy and weird and about half way down the mountain pass I pulled into this car park to experiment with the handling, it was almost like a video game but not quite, at this point there was a blank' and my dream transitioned into some sort of picture esque sunny, LA type city and had me drifting a 458, crashing through multiple buildings until I eventually stopped inside a Fisker dealer then a menu popped up with colour options and such like, again, in a video game and then I woke up.

I had a weird but cool dream a couple of nights ago.

I don't remember how it started but it progressed to me owning a BMW M3 sedan and my sisters owning this old Mercedes, much like the one my Mum used to have. We were at this cow farm off a mountain pass at night and we were milking a cow though in hindsight, the cow was quite strange and I didn't touch it, god knows why. Something came up about pasteurization or homogenization of the milk so we went back to the cars to Google it. After a while we decided to leave. I remember for some reason, the car felt really heavy and weird and about half way down the mountain pass I pulled into this car park to experiment with the handling, it was almost like a video game but not quite, at this point there was a blank' and my dream transitioned into some sort of picture esque sunny, LA type city and had me drifting a 458, crashing through multiple buildings until I eventually stopped inside a Fisker dealer then a menu popped up with colour options and such like, again, in a video game and then I woke up.

That is epic.

Did you post it immediately after the dream? It's really hard to recall anything unless the dream were penned down immediately after waking.

Usually I will imagine myself hitting Alt-F and selecting "Save As" to keep the memory, which reminds me of the possibility of manipulating the "source code" of the dream program ala Matrix :D

Usually I will imagine myself hitting Alt-F and selecting "Save As" to keep the memory, which reminds me of the possibility of manipulating the "source code" of the dream program ala Matrix :D

You need to get away from your computer more...... :p

You need to get away from your computer more...... :p

I did, and this is what happened:

-

I transmitted rendezvous coordinates to a bunch of people riding 'reasonably priced motorcycles' just like myself, as they wish to go accessories shopping. I got to the location on time, parked and waited.

After some time observing cars get stuck permanently into a horridly designed car park, the people who requested my bargaining expertise still hadn't turned up. Worse, a bunch of people from the local automotive forums appeared to recognise me (refer to signature - I don't like them) and started asking me for help on some nonsensical or elementary matters. I also started to get the usual SMS messages from aforesaid people supposed to meet me at that certain time but 5 minutes to the meeting time, message me saying they're going to be half an hour late because they just woke up. That is beyond annoying, since in my own personal world, Victorian social codes apply and everyone must turn up at least 15 minutes before the event time :p

I can't charge attendance fees to the guys who wanted elementary school level assistance, nor could I in a dream wait for the 'event participants' to arrive so I can 'persuade' them to buy me a free lunch, so I imagined hitting Alt F and then X to close the dream program.

Disclaimer:
The above decision-making templates conform to current standards of cat psychology applied to the simulated environment of dreamland.

That is epic.

Did you post it immediately after the dream? It's really hard to recall anything unless the dream were penned down immediately after waking.

Probably about 12 hours after actually :lol:

Not really a weird dream, but I've been having a lot of stress dreams lately. Whenever I have an essay/project due, I dream that I have to do something completely new or overly complicated in that essay, and that it's due the next morning or something :(

Last night I dreamed that I had to pack up all my stuff to move to Dublin, and that I was starting work the next day. I hate waking up with that stressed out feeling :(

I dreamed of designing a small residential apartment with its furniture integrated into the walls and were installed as prefabricated components during construction, maximising interior space and ergonomics. I swear, it was like virtual reality construction :p

Can I file a patent for "apartment with structural load bearing integrated furniture" :p. Oh I think the idea came from Ducati motorcycles, where the V-Twin engine could be mounted in such a way it's part of the structure, eliminating the "underbone" part of the bike's frame. Or if you prefer, Porsche's active engine mounts :p

Last edited:
I simply remember having a brilliant idea in the final lucid moments of sleep this morning. Forgot to write it down, now it's lost forever.

I simply remember having a brilliant idea in the final lucid moments of sleep this morning. Forgot to write it down, now it's lost forever.

I almost lost this afternoon's post Top Gear Apocalypse dream but in the final moments before the memories were 'auto deleted' I got this:

- I organised a simple motorcycle outing where the objective was to raid a restaurant in an organised manner and eat.
- Someone brought it to my attention that the location wasn't epic enough. I told him off that it's not the distance clocked during touring that counts, have you organised an inter-city convoy and experienced how difficult it is to keep everyone together in traffic?
- Someone brought it to my attention that the location is again, not epic enough. She wanted me to place a reservation for a high class restaurant next week to which everyone said "yay". Until we heard we needed to place a $500 deposit for the reservation. I told her if she wanted to go ahead with that plan, she will have to pay for said "organiser's costs" :D

Later on I taught the group how to navigate in tight city confines using small roads and back alleys as shortcuts and free parking opportunities.

I'm almost getting the hang of lucid dreaming... I sort of miss organising the above in that large scale roleplaying game called "Real Life" but refer to signature :p

I had a dream last night that all the stuff from my living room was gone, stolen, tv, dvd player, bicycle, and worst of all, my tripod!
And it was the type of dream when you wake up you're not sure if it really happened or not.
I hate those, was a bit stressful.

Go into the living room and check if the things are there, if they are, it was a dream :D

I had a dream last night that all the stuff from my living room was gone, stolen, tv, dvd player, bicycle, and worst of all, my tripod!
And it was the type of dream when you wake up you're not sure if it really happened or not.
I hate those, was a bit stressful.

I would try and bring up the console with the tilde key and type in something like giveplayer MP5 and hit enter, after that make the next scenario a car chase :D

Last night was just weird. As best I can tell from Google searching on my phone at 4:30 am, I had hypnagogic hallucinations four of fives times in a row, to the point where I was afraid to fall asleep again. I would find myself lying in bed, completely normal, except movement is difficult and sluggish. This is normally a tip-off for myself that I'm actually dreaming (it happens frequently) but then the hallucinations kicked in. On a conscious level I knew it wasn't real but it was still fucking weird. I kept hearing people coming into my room, feeling them rustling the sheets, or hearing them talking in the distance. Some really weird things happened that I won't get into, involving me having razor-sharp teeth.

The whole time I knew I was dreaming, and just couldn't get out of it. Normally I can wake myself up pretty quickly once I notice that I can't move well, but every time, I would "wake up" still in my dream. Finally I woke up for real but I had to get up and walk around to prove it to myself.

^ I've had episodes like that before. Not sure if it's the same thing, though.

Once I woke up a little bit, and hallucinated that there were hundreds of spiders crawling all over my bed. I was kind of half asleep, but I still sat up quite abruptly, in an attempt to move away from the river of tarantulas crawling towards me. About 5 seconds later I snapped out of it.

I once was resting in bed and eventually I lost control of my body and there was this evil laughter in my head. I totally could not move or feel anything just stare right ahead.

Thankfully I played DnD and knew to cast a spell of iron will and summon divine intervention and this feeling of 'white light' swept the 'demon' away. Who said fantasy gaming is not relevant to RL? :D

I once was resting in bed and eventually I lost control of my body and there was this evil laughter in my head. I totally could not move or feel anything just stare right ahead.

Thankfully I played DnD and knew to cast a spell of iron will and summon divine intervention and this feeling of 'white light' swept the 'demon' away. Who said fantasy gaming is not relevant to RL? :D

I would use telekinesis most of the time and fling the demons away with hand movements.

When I was 5-ish I had a dream about running down a flight of stairs at full speed. Except the "stairs" actually was one side of a grandstand, each step being about 3 feet tall.

Two decades later I read Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers and thought nothing new about the experience of jump-jetting over city blocks lobbing bombs everywhere. After all, I had mech-augmented mobility when I was 5.... in my dreams :D